Happy Birthday glenn bradley!

Birthday Happy, Glenn!

I decided to get you a pie this time around. The fact that they got the words in the wrong order is just...wait for it...

Icing on the cake!

birthday+pie+2014-06-29+015.JPG

Thanks all. I was wandering through some old videos and had to share this one.

He does such a good job of emulating each artist that I find myself laughing out loud . . . Maybe just me!?!
That's an awesome video. Guthrie is a beast. And from what I've seen and read, he's a genuinely nice guy with a great sense of humor.

That's an awesome video. Guthrie is a beast. And from what I've seen and read, he's a genuinely nice guy with a great sense of humor.
Yeah, guys with that incredible technical virtuosity just aren't like we mere mortals. I can never aspire to be a Jordan Rudess (his pinkies are just freakishly long and dextrose) or a Micheal Manring but I love watching these people play.

Last edited:
This may get boring but here's John 5 doing a similar thing. Not so much a technique demonstration as a "lotsa hooks" piece.
I know I throw out guitar heros a lot but I guarantee you that I am binging on keyboard players at an order of magnitude :D

This may get boring but here's John 5 doing a similar thing. Not so much a technique demonstration as a "lotsa hooks" piece.
I know I throw out guitar heros a lot but I guarantee you that I am binging on keyboard players at an order of magnitude :D
John 5 is another one of those killer guitar players who's not gotten the recognition he should. I know I do a fair amount of name dropping around here, but the drummer in that video is Logan Nix, an Albuquerque guy. We've met, but I suspect he wouldn't remember me. He was teaching drum lessons to my good friend Heidi before he started touring with John 5. (Heidi's brother is a keyboardist who has toured with Rick Springfield, Whitesnake, Dio, Iron Butterfly, and Foreigner.)