Have you ever been troubled by your ROS power and vacuum hose catching on the end of your workbench when you were sanding?

Charles Lent

Staff member
I have, and solved this quite easily some many years ago. I bought a rewinding plastic clothes line reel and attached it above my sanding bench. I use Velcro ties to bundle the vacuum hose and power cord together and hang both from a hook attached to the ceiling beam above the bench leaving slack in both to allow me to freely move the sander anywhere on the bench. To keep this slack hose and power cord from catching on the work or bench, I attached the end of the plastic clothes line to the center of the hose/power cable work loop. After removing one turn of the rewind spring in the clothesline rewinder, It had just enough tension to hold the vacuum hose and power cable loop above the work and workbench to keep it from dragging and catching. The photos are not very good cell phone photos, because the phone camera didn't like the bright ceiling light next to the clothesline rewinder, but it seems good enough to get the idea across. I use several Velcro cable ties to keep the hose and power cord bundled together and a lone Velcro Tie to attach the end of the clothes line to the middle of the working loop of the hose and power cord. The Velcro ties make it easy to assemble and dis-assemble this. The clothes line reel remains in place above my bench as do the big hooks for holding the vacuum hose up to the ceiling.

This has made using a ROS sander on my workbench much easier, and I thought that some of you might want the idea.

Charley

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_141509Sander and hose.jpg
    IMG_20220506_141509Sander and hose.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220506_141502Sanding Hose and clothesline.jpg
    IMG_20220506_141502Sanding Hose and clothesline.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 25