Help, pleASE. Got it fixed

Paul Douglass

I have a adjustable seat for my scroll saw. I have had it probably 5+ years. Lately, when I get off of it and come back a while latter it has risen to the extent of the hydraulic cylinder. I have research and lots of in on fixing a adjustable chair when it won't stay up, but nothing on one that won't stay down.. Maybe it is the same fix. which is centered on the lever you release to lower or raise it. Anybody ever have this happen?

Attachments

• 3E090B4B-E574-446C-8926-FDBEC4B485EC.jpeg
    3E090B4B-E574-446C-8926-FDBEC4B485EC.jpeg
    645.4 KB · Views: 6
You sit on it and it wont go down? That is interesting. I know you can get new pneumatic cylinders for them on amazon.

My chair wont stay up, so I just cut a piece of PVC in half to the right height and zip tied it on.

Weird! I'm guessing there must be two seals and the one slowing lift gave out as well?

Looks like replacing the cylinder isn't super difficult might be the simplest solution. Would be real tempting to tear apart the old one and see if it was possible to figure out how it failed.

It goes down when I climb up and get on it and move the adjustment handle. It will stay down as long as I sit on it... but leave for an hour or so come back and it is up as high as it can go again.