Here we go again buy or build? Pics added 4/12/13

Ok camera has charged bats but now every time you turn it on it says lens error.:doh:
But on a good note all of the uppers are cut out and ready for assembly:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Got most of the lower cabs cut out today along with the frig cab and the pantry.
On another note I also tried to fix the camera. For all of you following along one can not fix a camera with a 32oz dead blow.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
But now it has a good reason not to work:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I really wanted to get some pics of today's goings on I was dadoing the ends for the bottoms using the Festool and wanted to show Larry what I meant by lay it on the bench and use the router.:thumb:

Last edited:
Just to prove that work was done.:thumb::thumb:
Oh and yesterday the conversion varnish was bought for $167.68 Dave H says I need to go buy a good spray set up. Does the cost of that have to be added into the build?

Attachments

• tn_DSC01538.JPG
    tn_DSC01538.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 87
  • tn_DSC01541.JPG
    tn_DSC01541.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 85
as for adding cost of the tooling to his build i would say a portion of it could be, but normally that just becomes part of your over head chuck that will be depreciated over time ,, just like any of your other large tool expenses..

I find I lack certain things I might need for a build, especially the cabs Im making.
I put the total cost of e verything, then allow for things I will be using again in the future.
(a spray gun will certainly get more use)

Well if this was a paying gig the spray eq wouldn't even come into the equation. But where this is a build for home the spray eq is needed to do the job. So does it get added to the cost of doing the job or just written off? After all it is new shop eq that will get added to inventory and used of future paying jobs.:dunno::dunno: So I guess on that note the spray eq does not get added to how much this kitchen cost to build.:thumb:

Well if this was a paying gig the spray eq wouldn't even come into the equation. But where this is a build for home the spray eq is needed to do the job. So does it get added to the cost of doing the job or just written off? After all it is new shop eq that will get added to inventory and used of future paying jobs.:dunno::dunno: So I guess on that note the spray eq does not get added to how much this kitchen cost to build.:thumb:

I would lean towards allowing the cost of renting said equipment towards the cost of job, and write off the remainder as in how you said 'inventory'...tuff call over-all!

CV Larry The way I got this figured is as much as Dave hates the stuff because it is a bear to strip and touch up. Means the more I like it for it's durability. In other words the easier it is to strip the easier it is to damage.:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Forgot to take pics of the styles and rails the other day so here they are.
Oh and a stack of cutting boards I was going to take to Pennsic before that trip got the ax.

Attachments

• tn_DSC01559.JPG
    tn_DSC01559.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC01562.jpg
    DSC01562.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 92
  • tn_DSC01558.JPG
    tn_DSC01558.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 87
Another $316 in beaded ply today. Oh and some guy in a white truck stopped by.

Attachments

• tn_DSC01567.JPG
    tn_DSC01567.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 92
lucky you:) those turbines are sweet chuck. but some folks dont like the heat they make in the air supply.. and its a good idea ot have it in another room swo it doesnt plug your filter with dust from the shop.

Got some priming done in my new spray booth today. Well it's a poor mans spray booth but it keeps the sun and bugs off the work.:thumb: Oh and I'm gonna need more paint these are just the parts for the uppers and I used almost a whole gallon. :doh:
I can tell ya that sprayfine is one slick unit way better than pushing paint with the air compressor.:thumb::thumb:
Thanks for setting me straight on that Dave.

Attachments

• tn_DSC01609.JPG
    tn_DSC01609.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 90
  • tn_DSC01610.JPG
    tn_DSC01610.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 83