Houston, We have a project!

but hey if it was for blondie, the wrinkles would go right fine with the rest of him,, but if its for you then we need to have it baby skin soft cuz yur still young:)

Now why could my wife not be that supportive ? Well done Sharon. We need more of you on the planet, but do i sense a touch of ulterior motive? Would it be possible that said comment was in keeping with the hope that a table even with blemish, materializes sometime soon or would that be unwarranted in this "Brent" thread ?;):) Sorry bud but we could not leave the most important project out.

Well, Making some project. It's probably not going to be a perfect job, but it will be good enough for me.

FWW-0931.jpgFWW-0930.jpgFWW-0929.jpg

The silver is it's own coat. I still need to paint the other side of the guitar red, like the headstocks.

Just white primer under everything. Got a bit of overspray when I was painting the silver, since I didn't really tape it off since it was going in the middle.

I just sprayed the middle silver, and am working on the blue and read on the sides.

Once I get the color coats on, I'm going to let everything dry up for a couple of weeks.

Then I do a little wet sanding, and spray on the clear coats. It looks a little dull right now, but those colors all have metal flake in them that should pop when the clear goes on.

Looking cool i like color choice but being a tradditionalist would have preffered white as opposed to silver. Are you gonna put any stars on?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Doh, I've got blue on top! But, The color coats are done. Now I just need to let it dry for a while, maybe a week or two before I do a little wet sanding and then start putting the clear coats on.

View attachment 82962View attachment 82963

Were you thinking of duplicating Buck Owens or are you representing the U.S. Flag? If the flag, then blue belongs on top & I think it looks better that way anyway. :thumb: Nice work, nice progress. Waiting for the finished product. Then you & Vaughn can video yourselves playing? That should be a fun watch! ;)

Looking cool i like color choice but being a tradditionalist would have preffered white as opposed to silver. Are you gonna put any stars on?
Sparkly White is a pretty hard color to find! I don't think I'll do anymore embellishment, other than maybe some decals for the headstocks.
I'm lucky I got it to look as good as it does so far, so not going to push my luck anymore.

Were you thinking of duplicating Buck Owens or are you representing the U.S. Flag? If the flag, then blue belongs on top & I think it looks better that way anyway. :thumb: Nice work, nice progress. Waiting for the finished product. Then you & Vaughn can video yourselves playing? That should be a fun watch! ;)

Wasn't necessarily trying to copy Buck, and I'm not sure thinking every really entered into the process on which color went where. :rofl:

Just wanted to make it some color other than white, since I was going to have to take it completely apart to do the rewiring.