how do I fix the boards underneath the bed?

alia rogahn

So my tenancy is coming to an end and there a few broken boards under the bed (those long wooden pieces holding the mattress up) that got broken during our stay
What's the easiest, most stress free way of fixing them in the next week or two
I don't have equipment at hand either

A picture and some measurements would probably help with suggestions for the most expeditious replacements.

You can probably get by with some pre-finished wood from a local home store and cut to length with a cheap home store miter box or hand saw depending on the width. But I don't know what specific size or shape of wood you're dealing with..

With out equipment, go to your local borg with the length you need, pick out the boards and most will cut to length for you.
Welcome to the forum, Alia. Since I'm guessing you might not be familiar with all the technical woodworking terms, I want mention that "borg" means your local big box home improvement store, like Home Depot or Lowe's. ;) It sounds like you just need to buy some boards that are the same width and thickness (or pretty close to it) and get them cut to the same length as the existing boards. Depending on where in NY you're located, there might even be a forum member here who could help by cutting the boards for you.