How we handle phontos now question

glenn bradley

OK, I realize I should have asked this a long time ago . . .

When I an responding to a post in a running thread and I want to insert a picture to clarify something I am using the Attach Files button. I have caught myself inserting pictures that I have attached before. Do we still have a method to just link-to or insert an already existing attachment? Should I not worry about it?

Thanks

If you click on the picture icon in the editing tool bar, you can either use it ti insert an image by uploading, or if you can insert by url.

insertbyurl.png

You can even drag and drop the image file into the post without using the toolbar. Another nice feature is you can adjust the size of the image by using the handles at the corners of the image.

Indoor Outdoor Coffee Table.jpg

OK, I think I’ve got my answer. All of the attachments that are already on the site are not easily available to insert into new threads. I should just re-attach a duplicate of a picture that I have already used somewhere else. I realize I could go find a picture in some other thread copy the URL and do it that way but, that’s hardly an elegant every day use sort of thing that someone might want to do. Is there a way to list atachments so that I can grab the URL or should I just relax and not worry about it?

thanks

Last edited:
...Is there a way to list atachments so that I can grab the URL or should I just relax and not worry about it?...
Not sure if there's a way to list them, but if you click on an image and then right-click on it when it's displayed in a new tab, you can select "Copy Image URL" or whatever similar option is displayed the whatever browser you're using. (You likely already knew that.)

Given that over 50% of our users are now using mobile I've started posting images as full images, I've noticed that it makes it easier to zoom in than posting as thumbnails.

I think the question has to do with the capability in the old forum software to 'Manage Attachments' where you could view any graphics you had ever posted and re-use them that way. It was clunky, but it was there. Apparently, XenForo doesn't offer that same functionality.