I bit of shocking news.

I've been staying home. School closed and I look to not go back this year. I've been trying the "distance" teaching/learning, but being a STEM teacher and 90% of what you do is hands-on it's kind of a struggle. And I really worry about some of my kids!

Lucas is in a tool and die apprenticeship and is working everyday. I talked to one of the older guys that he works with a week or so ago and he said they are busier than ever! He said due to a lot of the auto plants shutting down they are taking this time to get any dies they needed worked on done now. Luke is 19 and has that it won't happen to me attitude that most have. I've been on him to go to work and come home. I think it has finally sunk in. He told me today for me and his mom not to go to the store. He said just let him know what we need and he'll get it on his way home.

Tammy just got cut back to 3 day a week. She works in a pharmacy that ships most of their stuff out of state. A lot of the offices they supply are shutting so they are getting slow.

Abigail is working on her Master's degree. She's doing the online stuff from home since her school closed. If there is anything good from this it's that she's home and I get to see her everyday now! I miss my girl when she's at school!

Be safe!

I owned a pharmacy for over 30 years. Im happy I dont have to go in now being retired, its not an easy business right now in Queens NY, my pharmacist of over 20 years works in a store a half mile from mine, most of his staff quit, they couldnt handle it, nerves, so many sick people coming in every day. one cashier tested positive, shes gone now also quarantined in her house with father, mother all positive.. His boss, the owner being an older gent doesnt go in anymore so he had to cut the hours down to 4 days a week and closes early. Only allows one person in store at a time.

I wouldnt be upset being holed up in my shop with your wood selection John. I ran out of cherry, one piece of oak left, and no more plywood. and nothing pretty enough to turn. Im hoping Home depot gets their act together after charging me 79 dollars for delivery and sends over some pvc pipe so I can at least churn out some lawn ornaments the next few weeks.

Sorry for that news. Soon, this virus thing will hit us all in one way or another. My son, the doctor, called the other evening and asked how we were doing. I told him we were staying inside most of the time but I had gone to Walmart to get some groceries. He really got angry, especially after I told him I had a mask but it was in my pocket and I forget to wear it. In medical terms he said to me, "Pop, your heart is crap, your kidneys are crap. If you catch Coronavirus you will die". As we start running out of basics I'm going to try the pick-up service from Walmart.

I owned a pharmacy for over 30 years. Im happy I dont have to go in now being retired, its not an easy business right now in Queens NY, my pharmacist of over 20 years works in a store a half mile from mine, most of his staff quit, they couldnt handle it, nerves, so many sick people coming in every day. one cashier tested positive, shes gone now also quarantined in her house with father, mother all positive.. His boss, the owner being an older gent doesnt go in anymore so he had to cut the hours down to 4 days a week and closes early. Only allows one person in store at a time.

I wouldnt be upset being holed up in my shop with your wood selection John. I ran out of cherry, one piece of oak left, and no more plywood. and nothing pretty enough to turn. Im hoping Home depot gets their act together after charging me 79 dollars for delivery and sends over some pvc pipe so I can at least churn out some lawn ornaments the next few weeks.
Wish you were closer I'd hook you up! I guess it's an advantage too of living in the country. I have about 50 acres I can get out and knock around on. I can always crank up the mill and saw a few logs or go wander in the woods for a while.

My sister-in-law and Tammy's cousin are both pharmacists at Walgreens. At one store a tech's husband tested positive. I know at one time both stores were seeing several hundred people a day at the pharmacy. They are concerned. The pharmacy that Tammy works at doesn't have much walking business. And she works in the back. She said the two ladies that work up front are really concerned, which I don't blame them.

Wish you were closer I'd hook you up! I guess it's an advantage too of living in the country. I have about 50 acres I can get out and knock around on. I can always crank up the mill and saw a few logs or go wander in the woods for a while.

This whole situation is definitely making me wish I'd opted into the 140 acres and a mule situation a few years earlier than the current plan. It's always been the plan but I'll have to make some significant work and life changes to get there so was putting it off while the work situation stayed good. Once we get out of this it'll require a bit of a re-think.

My youngest daughter, Tess, is a pharmacy tech at Walgreens. She is a "floater" she covers absences and works odd times. They had just hired a new person and they are needing the money and time and Tess is completely fine with that. Again Don, so sorry about your friend.

Like John, I greatly enjoy meandering my 40 acres. If you were closer, would hook you up with some from my stash, but then if you were closer you would visit Larry yourself!!! Be safe all.