I bit of shocking news.

Don Baer

Staff member
Just got a phone call from the son in law of a good friend of mine who I had as a neighbor for over 20 years in California. He passed away this morning from Covid -19. He had been undergoing kemo and his resistance was down and when he contracted it he just couldn't fight it off. I guess he was fighting it for a coupla weeks. Bring it close to home. Stay safe out there and STAY AT HOME..

Yeah, Had to tell my guitar player I'm not going over for practice for a while. He wasn't happy about it, but honestly, he's not the healthiest guy in the world. Not sure he's taking this serious enough. Looking at this thing peaking pretty soon. I'm not that worried about myself, I feel like I'm healthy enough to fight things off, but really don't want to carry things around here and infect Sharon or them, not that I've really been any where.

I did have to go to the post office today and put on my black, dancing skeleton bandanna and harbor freight gloves, lol. Going to try and not order anything from Amazon that will make me do that again.

Sorry to hear that Don!

I'm in the "probably not super at risk" category (but then I might also be wanting to think of myself as younger than I am to.. it's a risk) but the boss is coming into this situation pretty low on lung power to start so we've been extra cautious. Can't rule out all the risks, but aren't taking the ones we don't have to.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Don. I suspect this thing will affect most of us in one way or another before it's over.

Sometimes even the healthiest have a problem with COVID-19. Google COVID 19 and Cytokine Storm. Probably just a small subset of infected, but who knows how you will react to it.

And Don, truly sorry to hear the news of your neighbor. I think the saddest part of this is people are dying alone, without the comfort of family or friends to help them ease their fears.

The sad part of the whole thing is he was just 2 years into retirement and had started off doing charity work for his church. He was a Nurse and had traveled to Africa on some medical mission for the Lutheran Church and was looking forward to continuing this in his retirement. He was a marathon runner and tried to stay in shape....unfortunately this is going to happen all to often in the near future. Part of the reason I posted this to help others who may be doubting the seriousness of this whole thing.... Stay safe. Stay at home.

sorry to hear of your friends fate , but i can add to the seriousness of this my SIL works for Chrysler corp in Detroit in the tooling department they have lost 3 there and another is on ventilator. it urks me to see these people driving around with there toys as though this is a joke.

This is a very serious matter. Here the folks really don't get how bad it's affecting the whole world. Had a delivery guy the other day say it won't get us, I'm not worried about it. Good attitude but just wrong.
Everyone stay in and stay healthy.
Don sorry for loss of friend. Yes Vaughn more and more of us will be affected by this pandemic. Just pray for the best.
David

if yu have anything you have been putting off making or doing or saying you had better take care of it now.. there may not be a later

Good advice every day Larry! (y) You never do really know even in normal times. I think on all the folks I know who had unfinished bucket lists that they definitely could have done at various points but never did and it's a real shame. But then there's all the things I never did either so.. I guess do what you can when you can.

just be smart and be courteous of everyone around you.
this country cannot be shut down all summer, it wont work. the damage that will do to people will be worse than this virus.

americans seem to be selfish lately, and everyone is not following rules. I think 8 states still refuse to lock down. Houses of worship refuse to close. Parks remain open and people congregate.

either everyone gets on board, or nothing we do will matter and the virus will run its course.

either everyone gets on board, or nothing we do will matter and the virus will run its course.
It's going to run its course anyway, but if people listen to what we're being told to do, maybe it won't be such a devastating course.
I had to go to the post office yesterday, first day out of the house in over 10 days.... likely will be another 10 before I go out again... unless I run out of Blue Bell...
I'm in the high age group that's most vulnerable, and my wife is really at risk with her health problems... home is the best place for both of us...
I have lots of wood that needs reshaped into something round.

I've been staying home. School closed and I look to not go back this year. I've been trying the "distance" teaching/learning, but being a STEM teacher and 90% of what you do is hands-on it's kind of a struggle. And I really worry about some of my kids!

Lucas is in a tool and die apprenticeship and is working everyday. I talked to one of the older guys that he works with a week or so ago and he said they are busier than ever! He said due to a lot of the auto plants shutting down they are taking this time to get any dies they needed worked on done now. Luke is 19 and has that it won't happen to me attitude that most have. I've been on him to go to work and come home. I think it has finally sunk in. He told me today for me and his mom not to go to the store. He said just let him know what we need and he'll get it on his way home.

Tammy just got cut back to 3 day a week. She works in a pharmacy that ships most of their stuff out of state. A lot of the offices they supply are shutting so they are getting slow.

Abigail is working on her Master's degree. She's doing the online stuff from home since her school closed. If there is anything good from this it's that she's home and I get to see her everyday now! I miss my girl when she's at school!

Be safe!

Sorry to hear that, Don. This will run it's course just like all the others have. Texas is not in a complete lockdown, but most things are just down. Probably a good thing as a lot of Texans can be hard headed. I think if folks will just use some common sense we'll get through it. There are going to be some losses, just like we had during the swine flu thing, the H1N1 (or whatever it was called), etc. So, everybody just lay low, keep your heads, and be patient.