I fix it.

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
This past weekend the new truck got it's first ding, I think at the lowes parking lot. :(
2021-05-01 19.01.03.jpg

I'm not sure it's worth the $500 insurance deductible to get it fixed. I had called a couple of paint-less dent removal places, but none of them wanted to work on it since the scratches are into the metal and the fact it is aluminum.

Today I had an order show up from a shop on Etsy that I had ordered back when I had the F150 with the squirrel damage. One of the smaller stickers came in handy for the uglier scratch.
2021-05-04 12.41.27.jpg

I may just have the larger one filled and do a rhino coating or something on the lower half of the truck later on, but for now a band aid will do.

The larger sticker went on the back bumper...
2021-05-04 12.44.12.jpg

Last edited:
Uh-oh! I showed LOML the pictures and she loved them, so now I'm going to have to show her the Etsy shop. They have a ton of choices. :D

Bummer about the truck, but I really like the way you fixed it. :thumb:

I hate that first ding. Wondered how the aluminum bodies would hold up in parking lots. The decal is a cool fix.
What ever hit it, hit it pretty hard or at least had some weight behind it to stretch the scratch like it did, not a shopping cart. I had the grandson hit my F150 with his bike a few times where I thought it would have left a mark, but never did.