i have been pulled into the dark side....

Looking good!

I'd suggest getting a glass plate and some aqua net hair spray over using the masking tape, but it did work up until It pealed some of the original tape lose or I gouged it up trying to pop pieces off. I tried a half dozen other masking tapes and never got one to hold as well.

I hold my glass plates on with some paper binder clips, others here have printed corners for theirs with hold downs.

Removing the printed pieces is a lot easier, just have to drop the temp of the glass (usually put my outside in winter, or the freezer in summer for about a minute) and things pop or fall right off.

Here is a 220 x 220 piece... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFOI2VS

Ditto on the glass and Aqua Net!!! That's what I've done from the beginning. I started with one piece of glass, but quickly added another to allow one to cool while starting another print. I have a refrigerator in my shop, so I can sit a print in it to cool.

I also designed and printed these corners for my bed. As you see in the photo, they stick up above the bed and just below the top of the glass. With these, I never have to use clips to hold the glass in place. I also did away with the springs and keep the spacing rigid with the thumbwheels you see in the photo.

well, its all moot for the moment. that ol' snake found a new way to bite my backside this weekend. turns out when the parts were packaged, i got some parts for another 3d printer. i just got offline with amazon, and they were very apologetic, and are sending out the right one: Anet Auto Leveling A8 3D Printer with Included Filament, 0.4mm Extrude Nozzle, Tools, Auto Level Sensor - Reprap i3 DIY 3D Printer Kit Self Levelling Sensor. i hate that snake, this is the 4th or 5th time he bit me this weekend.

it turns out that the one they sent as a replacement is another example of the wrong machine, right down to the same wrong parts. had another talk with amazon. went through a couple of layers of management, and they refunded the price of the machine and taxes, plus, another $100 credit for the time wasted and trouble. with almost $290 in hand, i ordered the a8 plus, all metal frame, not acrylic. it has a 300x300x350 workable area, heated bed with glass sheet. it shows up on monday.