I need a hair cut

I broke out the Wahl clippers the other day and had my wife give it ago. I had a little cleanup, but overall she did very well. Of course she can't fix ugly. :D

I had her do a number 3 on the sides, a number 8 on top, and the clippers come with a set of left and right angle guides that taper either right to left or left to right. Luckily she didn't get them mixed up. ;)
2020-04-19 12.46.02.jpg

I fail to see the major issues here, fellers! If you want hair, grow it. If you don't shave it. Personally I was going to the barbershop once a week to get the old noggin shaved. Lot cooler in the Texas summer. And, of course that was the norm before I retired.

My wife has been cutting my hair since we got together in 1992. That is, until about 10 years ago when she decided I needed to let it grow into a ponytail. The longest I ever let it grow before was collar length, at most. So here I am now:

Hair1.jpg

This is the longest mine has been since 1983, December to be exact, 12-16-83 if you really want to know. How do I know this? I was brushing my hair at mom and dad's house day before Lou and I got married. As I was brushing it, I remember thinking to myself, "should get a haircut, hate to ask dad for money for a haircut, when dad walked by and said something about getting that mop cut off and yada yada yada, and I just kept brushing and went to the alter with that mop!!

I just think it is the cheapskate in me, I hate using that much shampoo!!! Oldest daughter said last time she saw me, "your looking pretty shaggy dad, think I'll bring the clippers next time".

I'm with Leo. I got mine cut 2 days before they shut everything down.

I'm about ready for another cut, but there are no barber shops open, so I'll just have to live with it until they do open. My wife is OK for light trimming, but not when it comes to the full haircut. There isn't much in the middle up there any more, but the edges around it are beginning to look like teddy bear ears sticking up when I look in the mirror every morning.

Charley

I've been cutting my own (poorly I admit) for a few years now. The local kept bringing in new stylers who were doing a rather poor job anyway so I thought to myself "why am I paying someone else a bunch for a lousy haircut when I can do it myself for free". We already had a pair of clippers for the dogs so I just kinda run them by feel with a heavy comb and my fingers as a guide for the top. Mostly works, there's usually a few stragglers the boss points out that I have to clip back over the next day or two.. but hey there's a reason they made hats right?

Haven't cut my hair since Februrary 2018. Getting a little shaggy. But before that I used to just go in the garage with a pair of clippers, lol. From one extreme to another.