I'd show you but it ain't pretty.

Bart Leetch

I woke up with a zig-zag back. It zigs out at the love handle on the right & zags back in just below the love handle just the opposite on the left side. Real hard to pick up right foot off floor. I do a few stretches before I get out of bed which limit the duration of the pain. Went to the VA had Xrays may find out next week whats to happen. Only hurts first thing in the morning & if I stand still to long. Ya there is a little pain here & there & a light spasm once in a while. i am not overweight @ 5'9" 173 - 175 lbs. 2" bigger @ the waist 38". 36" @ highschool graduation & 175 lbs, 1/2" taller then too. 2013 VA did MRI & xrays & said I had spinal Stenocsis so here we are now.

Sorry, man. Getting older sucks. You might be too far gone, but maybe ask the docs if some plank exercise to help strengthen your core would help? I know keeping my core firm helps my back.

Sorry to hear of your plight, Bart. Getting older ain't no fun and even less so when we hurt. Not a day goes by that I wonder what's going to hurt how much when I get up in the morning! Hope your situation gets better!!!

I woke up with a zig-zag back. It zigs out at the love handle on the right & zags back in just below the love handle just the opposite on the left side. Real hard to pick up right foot off floor. I do a few stretches before I get out of bed which limit the duration of the pain. Went to the VA had Xrays may find out next week whats to happen. Only hurts first thing in the morning & if I stand still to long...

My problem has been collapsing discs. They don't collapse evenly, so my spine curves somewhat unnaturally - and painfully. Chiropractor had me on the traction table , and that helped. What has helped most, though, is my Teeter 'inversion chair.' 15~20 minutes hanging from it, at about a 60° angle, helps a lot.

Dunno if that'd help you or not, though. Might be worth a try.

I feel your pain, Bart. Really do. I've got severe bulging of 4 discs in my lower back. Some days things just ain't gonna happen. I have been getting shots here and there and they have really helped me a lot. My whole spine is compressed and bent, curved and maybe even whopperjawed. So, hang in there. It's your right foot and with me it is usually the left that doesn't want to cooperate. As the left leg is bent it ends up being about 3/4" shorter than the right. They will get you taken care of.

I'm sorry to hear about Bart's pain, and all you other guys too, but I also thank my lucky stars for not having you guys kinds of problems..... I'm a little stiff in the back when I first get up in the morning, but after I'm vertical and had my Aleve, I get around pretty good considering I'm 78... never expected to get that old, but then the men in my family have all been in their 80's or 90's when they died and I have an aunt that's about 102 and still mobile.

Sorry to hear about all your aches and pains. So far have been lucky and no real health problems. Have a out of beat heart beat but had that for 40 some years and it ain't killed me yet. At least with the aches you know your still alive and kicking, just not as fast.
David