In the Navy

He's in the nuke program. His actual rate is electrician mate nuclear.

That's a good service, about half of the facilities folks at work are ex-nukes and they're all solid folks.

Lest anyone confuse "facilities" with "handyman", these are the folks managing the power and cooling systems for datacenters worth hundreds of millions.. it's hard to coin a single term for what they do..

He's in the nuke program. His actual rate is electrician mate nuclear.
well that is exactly what I did, tell him good luck. EM -A school is fun but Nuke school is absolutely the hardest school that the Navy has and the drop out rate is extremely high but if he makes it through he will have accomplished a lot. I wish I could say I breezed through but I honestly say I struggled to make it.

Good looking young sailor.... my picture out of boot cam and on my way home on leave, I looked kind of like a deer in headlights.... I was skinny as a rail... matter fact, at the physical the doctors were concerned enough that they even debated amongst themselves to let me pass..... at 6'1" I weighed in at a whopping 130 lbs soaking wet, 28" waist and 34" chest.... even in my days in the navy, the Nuke program was one of the most coveted ratings.....

Thank him for his service, congratulations to both him and you and I wish him the best of luck in school.

I remember my days in Radioman school in San Diego... some days was fun, some days were a trial.... I never got really good at Morse code like some of the guys in the fleet... got gigged a few times for having a "swinging fist"... but I was a dynamo on the old Model 19 and Model 31 Telex machines...it's been over 55 years and I still type hard like I did on the telex machines.