Inherited Tools

glenn bradley

I wasn't sure where to put this so move it if that makes sense.

My dad passed some months ago and we have reached the stage where things are being passed down. I went yesterday and picked up some items. A second slow speed grinder can't hurt. This one may get permanent buffing wheels.
Northbound (1).jpg
Although this is great for honing time will tell if it earns its footprint in the shop.
Northbound (2).jpg
I guess my smaller bandsaw will have to find a new home. I have one of these that I primarily use for resaw. A second one with a smaller blade should handle any quick cuts or curvy stuff I need to do.
Northbound (3).jpg
I have what is basically a 17" version of Deltas Shopmaster series of drill presses. It has served me well for many years with some help from some shop tweaks. The Delta 17-959 is a step up and will become the primary drill press.
Northbound (4).jpg
A second router table may or may not stay. The JDS ambient cleaner is welcome.
Northbound (5).jpg
Uhhhh . . .

Wuh! Ohhh . . . .
Northbound (6).jpg
The original shop plan had a space for a lathe. This one will set quietly till I figure that out. Dad slowed down quite a bit toward the end. The surface rust on his tools shows testement to that and I will get that cleaned up. He lived 6 miles from the Pacific Ocean so weekly maintenance was the norm for him. I miss my dad every day. Getting to use some of his tools regularly will ease that some.

Glenn I am so sorry to hear about your dad dieing. I know the feeling, making hay was something I grew up doing with my dad and this is when I am raking by myself I find him in my thoughts constantly. I greatly enjoyed your dad's posts and projects as well as his wit and wisdom. May he Rest In Peace. Enjoy his tools and your time with them.

So sorry Glen, your dad is missed here as well. Certainly enjoyed conversing with him if only online in a limited way it was clear what a great guy he was.

You'll have to at least turn some pens for old times sake :)

So sorry Glen, your dad is missed here as well. Certainly enjoyed conversing with him if only online in a limited way it was clear what a great guy he was.

You'll have to at least turn some pens for old times sake :)
Actually, dad never finished the Larry challenge of turning a bowl from some Michigan chocolate. I hope to finish that off for him.

Your Dad would be proud that you took them and will use them.. I do not know what will happen to mine... My kids do not live close and are not really into wood working.. I envy you having more than one bandsaw.. I would like to have one for every size blade I would ever use. If I did I would use the bandsaws more.. I hate to change the blades on them.

Sad news. Sorry to hear of your dad’s passing. It’s really nice that his tools are being made part of your beautiful shop. He would be very happy to see them being used again.

Having met your dad in person, I can attest to what a great guy he was. I think of him fondly every time I use the P-C router he gave me years ago. (And it's my go-to handheld router.)

So sad to hear that your father passed. I never met him in person, but felt I got to know him via PMs and email when we did a box swap some years ago. I recall him being surprised when I included a box of Dillon chocolate pecans in the box; he said you mom really like them! :)