Input please

Jeff Horton

Making the top trim for the Laundry Cabinet. Obviously Arts and Crafts styling. I made these brackets and then made the top trying to get the scale right. Here is the mock up.

endge1.jpg endge2.jpg

I am think I like this. I am uncertain if maybe I have to much overhang. I am also toying with the idea of cutting a 45 on the edge of the time to 'lighten' it just bit. But A&C was mostly squares and rectangles.

Of course what we think won't matter once the wife gets home and gives her input. :thumb:

But we can pretend out opinions matter. :D

Jeff

I think the brackets (or corbels) are OK length-wise but feel they are not wide enough based on the amount of overhang. I'd also think about a radiused end rather than a square or chamfered end.

i`m with rennie, nix the chamfer and radius the end of the corble, try 6 or 8/4 stock to see what suits your (wifes) fancy....tod

DARN! You guys are good!

LOML agreed with you! She looked it over and had no complaints. I mentioned you guys had said to make them beefier. Took the two brackets and put them together and she said much better. :)

Funny thing is I had a piece of 5/4 or 6/4 stock laying there and almost used it today but decided not to. It's the perfect width. Thanks for the input! While not many people other than us will see the cabinet since it is in the Laundry, it's helping me work out the design on the entertainment center for the Den. I am incorporation a lot of the ideas for it in this peice.

Looking good Jeff.:thumb:

Hey. If thats a pantry cabinet, whats the tool stuff doing in there:huh: :D

Hey Jeff,
Consider putting the two 3/4" pieces together after you have routed all the exposed edges. It adds beef and a little extra detail not easily acquired with a single thickness, and if you have room for mounting on your stiles, look at three routed pieces stuck together.
So far so good, now, push the envelope( I heard that somewhere but don't know what it means):D .
Shaz