is there anyone out there old enough?

larry merlau

to remeber the old stlye of standing seam steel roofing? i think i have an old tool for it. and am looking for someone that would be able to identify it. i will get some pics of it soon it has 3 wooden handles and a heavy cast steel crimping ot clamping mechanism.. if any of you know f alink that would lead me to some pics of those type of tools wuld appreciate it.. thanks.

Steve Ash

I am not nearly as old as you boss, but I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about. There are a lot of older homes in this area (maybe some barns too) that used to use that type of roofing. No one around here does it anymore, but there is a new company called All American roof that just opened up shop here...they might have some connections or may be of some help to identify it.

larry merlau

ok hereya go i got pics now

well what is this crittter,, anyione got some idea of what they think it is?

Attachments

• 100_3198.jpg
    100_3198.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_3199.jpg
    100_3199.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_3200.jpg
    100_3200.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_3201.jpg
    100_3201.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 18

Steve Ash

Larry, I asked on the tractor forum cause there are some fellas that collect old stuff over there, and the answer I got was....

It's a standing seam tin roof crimper.

Sounds like he was pretty matter of fact on it.

Bart Leetch

Well at the expense of admitting that I might know what that crimper is I did work in sheet metal shop where we started with brown & white sheet metal & completely made the roof for the old Sears building in Anacortes WA. I was out on site checking some things & saw one of these tools used by the install team.

Norman Hitt

Naah, I still think it's a "Brazil Nut Cracker".:D Whatever it is, I think you need to send it over to Stu 'n let him put it in his "Soup Pot" for a while though, Larry 'n get some of that Character off of it, ('course it might come back GREEN).:thumb:

Last edited: