Is this going to give SawStop any competition?

Felder has a similar system (PCS - Preventative Contact System).. I could arguably see that competing with SawStop if it was in their lower end Hammer machines - right now it's only in their top end stuff that's more competitive with Altendorf and costs as much as a nice new truck.... They have committed to having it in their full line of machines, but the timeline is still open sooooo I wouldn't be holding my breath.

It's unfortunate Bosch's system was blocked by the patents as it was arguably better in a lot of ways.

When I became "semi-retired" after 9/11, I worked in a couple of commercial cabinet shops, both of which had Altendorfs. Great machines!!! Since I was the new kid on the block, I had to mill plywood for some of the bench carpenters. After learning the ins and outs of the Altendorf, I fell in love!

I would have to say NO this saw would be for an entirely different market. The cost of that saw would be prohibitive in the small medium size ship.
I think the same, I also wonder about the functioning of the camera, in any shop all items pick up dust, and I don't know how that will affect the camera's performance. I guess it will have some sort ocheck at start and give a warning if the view is blurred or not clear enough. :dunno: