Is this oven shot?

allen levine

Cooking today in oven heavy smoke started coming out below top plate where panel is and lower side
I put arrows where the smoke was coming from that 1 inch space

anyone have a clue?
I don't want to repair a 10 or 12 year old oven and spend 250 bucks on service call and parts if I can get a new one on sale for 600

it smelled pretty bad not food burning smell more like some part

Attachments

• 4931BB23-A536-4AC8-9043-61DF49258C1B.jpeg
    4931BB23-A536-4AC8-9043-61DF49258C1B.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 25
Agreed. looks to be the oven vent. The stove looks similar to my LG stove/oven. If I recall the upper portion is one big circuit board, so maybe something fried there. At that age I'd probably replace it myself if I had to pay someone to fix it.

What I didn't know is that my sister-in-law Cindy has a lifelong friend who's husband repaired appliances for 30 some years
He is home with covid so he couldn't come over but told me it's the vent smoking
If a mouse isn't roasting in there it could have been something peeling off and burning off
But he told me if the vent part doesn't come out no one is going to replace a vent on an oven that we figured out is at least 12 years okd
If it keeps smoking I'm guessing it's time to replace

I can't smell it as much as Elen but it isn't a mouse roasting
He told me the mice love the insulation on these things
And we get a mouse in the house now and then they come into the crawl space and every hole we have plugged up except the 2 pipe line holes in back of oven so who knows I have no clue

he told me to pull the stove out and try to take a look into vent
Not gonna happen

Normally, when something like this happens to me, when the smoke comes out and you can't get it back in, I donate it to the junk man and get a new "whatever" and carry on. Or, I try to fix it myself so I can declare it "unfixable" and then get a new one....

Alan

At the age of the unit it just makes sense to replace. Yes it can be repaired but then next month something else happens and it becomes pounding sand down a rat hole. Had to do the same with our washer and drier this winter, One service call earlier was $75.00 and it gave trouble again so out to the store and replaced. Ease of mind and after 15 years i figured they nowed me nothing.
David