It's a Henry

Don Baer

Staff member
I have always admired the Henry lever action rifle. Several months ago I told my local purveyor of fire arms that if he ever got a Henry rifle in a 44 magnum to give me a call. So when I got up this morning I had no intention of buying another firearm BUT, the call came in. Now I am the proud owner of this fine rifle. It's not the octagonal barrel nor is it the fancy brass plates but it didn't cost as much as those models and it is a .44 magnum and it is a Henry. It will also fire .44 special ammo.10 round capacity w/ a 1:20 twist and a 20" barrel.

20210922_111148.jpg20210922_111354.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Henry Big Boy Classic in .44 magnum and it is one sweet shooting rifle. Out of the box it was dead eye on the bull's eye.

Really like that rifle. It has the shiny brass receiver.

Henry makes fine shooting equipment.

I envy you,,,, I have always admired the Henrys. I am at the stage in my life that I am finding homes for my guns with grandchildren and such... Only keeping a few for when I get to go down fighting,,,,,,,,,

I have 5 Henry rifles. 2 Golden Boys (22), a BBB (45 Colt), a BBS (41 Mag) and a Color Case Hardened 45-70 with the octagonal barrel.

I love em. Henry's quality control is the best and what you get for you money is far and above any other gun manufacturer. If youever have a problem with one of their rifles you email or "Call" Anthony Imperato, the CEO, and he personally responds to your email or answers his phone. If every American company followed the Henry Model, there would be no China. They are truly outstanding.

Alan

About 10 years ago I got a S&W Mod 58. I figured it would be nice to have a lever action in 41 Mag to compliment the 58 for a kicking around the pasture pair. But, there weren't many options. Then I was introduced to the Henry line. My dad gave me a Golden Boy and I started paying attention to the other Henry offerings, and low and behold, there it was. I did have an issue with it at first. For whatever reasons, it was splitting the cases on the first firing. I wasn't getting any blowback but it was still not right. I emailed and called Mr. Imperato (that's how I know he takes customer service personally) and they re-barreled the rifle and that took care of the problem. No charge for shipping or repairs. That's when I bought the 45-70. It's one of the prettiest rifles I seen. The fit and finish is excellent and the action is smooth. Obviously I can't say enough nice things about their friearms.

Alan

Not a gun guy... last time I handled or fired a firearm was in 1964 when I "qualified" with the Colt .45.... out of boot camp my personnel records say I am a qualified marksman with an M1.... never had one in my hands... missed going to the firing range the day my navy company "qualified".... then on board ship as a second class petty officer, mentioned to 2nd class gunners mate that I had never been qualified with the .45.... got one took me to the fantail (we were at sea on picket station) handed me the pistol and said "shoot that weather balloon.... don't worry the .45 won't penetrate it".... I shot off about 3 rounds, don't know if I hit the balloon or not, it didn't deflate, but I'm sure I at least was dead on target for the Pacific Ocean.

I've seen commercials on TV for the Henry rifles... they are pretty, but have no interest in owning one.