It's Friday! 1/17/2020 edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Woke up to icy roads and such, so working from the kitchen this morning at least. Tomorrow I've got a Google fiber tech coming to replace our network box and then I'll be hopefully laying out some cnc components on a board. Chiefs game is on Sunday...Go CHIEFS!!!

Yes it's rainy and cold not freezing yet. Finish up week of delivering Meals on Wheels. Then hibernate for awhile. Saturday night grandkids play Frozen If.
Need to ake lumber run. Have a couple of cutting boards to make for customer. I like those kind of people. Something different for each one.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Yep, it's Friday! So, for us, among other things today we'll drive to Boston for lunch of fried catfish and shrimp with cheese grits!

I started my Friday in my shop working on a cheese slicing board - rounding the edges, sanding and applying the first coat of Watco Butcher Block Finish. I should be able to get the second coat on it later this afternoon.

Saturday will be a bit of shop time - mainly continuing to clean up and organize. I'll also work on my outdoor cooking area - got a new stainless steel work table - also need to organize some of the cooking tools and stuff.

Sunday? What else? I'll prepare brunch for us, then sit on my sofa the remainder of the day watching the Chiefs and Packers win their divisions!

1st weekend back to normal for me now that my Son has left after his visit. I'll work on de-cluttering my shop so that I can make room for the CNC build. I haven't used my shop since I sold my big equipment and it has become a storage place for all the junk. I told my wife I was going to reclaim my space so no I just need to get er done. Right now I have no place to do the build.

It's wet here from yesterday's light snow, and foggy this morning on the drive to work. (Fog is pretty rare here.) Temps are a bit above freezing but schools (and a lot of businesses) are either closed today or on a late start schedule. (Bunch of wimps, if you ask me, lol.)

The band is playing a private party tomorrow night at the Elk's Lodge. It's to celebrate Chinese New Year, and catering will be done by PF Chang's. The pay is OK, but free food is always a nice bonus. :thumb:

No firm plans for the rest of the weekend. Probably watch the football games. I have no dog in the hunt, but a good friend of mine lives in Nashville, so I'll probably be pulling for the Titans. :scram:

no rain yet today, just clouds, but predicted (guessed at) rain tomorrow. Nothing special this weekend... LOML and I have to see the hair dresser today and have our ears located again... then this afternoon, I have an appointment with a local gift shop to put some pieces in on consignment... Sunday I'll kick back and watch the chiefs ... an if it's exciting game maybe stay away allthe way through, otherwise, it'll be nap time.

Audrey is spending the night. CJ is staying home due to the expected bad weather. Things are battened down and we are just going to hunker in this weekend. As I age, I don't appreciate or do much on ice.

What a way to end the week. Last night I spilt some grapefruit juice on my keyboard. AWK! No cleaning it up. uhuh Spilt grape juice on it once and cleaned it up with some sweet oil. Not grapefruit juice. So after enough coffee, went to get a new one. Decided to be a bit more modern and bought a wireless set. Nice. Slightly different to get used to, but I like it. Separate numerical keypad. Who'd a thunk it? One of these days I might get accused of being a tech marvel. (not likely). Anyway, still rainy and all so no shop time until tomorrow.

Looking for snow to start Friday eve, change to ise and then to rain on Saturday. Staying in and hoping the forecasted 40 degree temps for Saturday are correct so there will be no need to take out the snow blower.

That layered slat clock is giving me fits. Otherwise working on some designs for customers and general cleaning/organizing.

What a way to end the week. Last night I spilt some grapefruit juice on my keyboard. AWK! No cleaning it up. uhuh Spilt grape juice on it once and cleaned it up with some sweet oil. Not grapefruit juice. So after enough coffee, went to get a new one. Decided to be a bit more modern and bought a wireless set. Nice. Slightly different to get used to, but I like it. Separate numerical keypad. Who'd a thunk it? One of these days I might get accused of being a tech marvel. (not likely). Anyway, still rainy and all so no shop time until tomorrow.

I first read you spit some grape juice and was wondering what you were reading. Then reread it. Such a good joke wasted.

I move the boards I've had for ?2? (I think 2) years for the gazebo door over to the freshly cleaned off workbench (we won't look underneath). So hopefully some of that. I also need to head down to the art center and help apply some edge boards I cut for them yesterday for some upright displays... Finished turning the old #3 I had into a scrub plane with a medium curve, seems to work pretty well considering that it was in really rough shape when I got the thing (also "found" another #3 hiding behind some stuff.. but decided to keep the almost junker as the scrub). Helping the boss dye some wool (lichen, logwood, and probably madder - the lichen got us a really nice yellow and green our other lichen experiment that we hoped would yield purple & red was a bust but still an interesting experiment).

When I spill on my keyboard, usually wine... madder about wasting good wine than I am about the keyboard... I take the keyboard apart, take it to the utility sink and wash it good. Wash the circuit, the keys and everything. blow it dry real good and put it back together, pour more wine and get on with business....
I have done the wash thing to the keyboard I am using right now at least 3 times, it still works fine.

All I know is that the old keyboard is definitely dead. I thought I would maybe play Taps for it as it was about 4 years old, which is a record for me. My big fingers are not gentle with keyboards. I usually wear out the little springs or whatever they are under the keys. But, hey! I got a pretty new pc, pretty new monitor, and now a new keyboard and mouse set up. Wheee!!!

I decided to add making a pot of soup to my week end agenda, went to the store and picked up a bunch of veggies and Sunday I'll make turkey vege soup using the turkey carcus I saved in the freezer from our New year. Gonna be Keto friendly soup. I'll make a big pot and freeze it for lunches. Should taste really good with this cool winter weather we're having.

Need to do some actual wood working and make a nice wood plaque to mount some caribou antlers on. That should take care of the weekend, since it will involve getting the sander conveyor straightened out and some new paper put on.

nothing planned, expecting a couple of inches of snow and ice and rain, so probably wont even go out much tomorrow or sunday. (not that Im going places anyway, but at least lunch or coffee)

I’m having a good run of shop time and planning more of the same. I’m mostly clearing away some little repair and refinishing jobs that are cluttering up the shop, including a raised panel bathroom vanity door that the the dog backed his big rear end into and pushed the panel out. (He’s just over 150 lbs) Might’ve been easier to build a new door.

It’s cold here (January on the east coast of Canada, what should we expect?) with a wicked wind blowing off the Bay of Fundy, but cosy in the shop. It could be worse, our friends in St John’s, Newfoundland had a terrific blizzard last night and still going on. They got 80cm of snow on top of the 170 already there and wind gusts over 150 km/hr off the Atlantic. They are hardy, good-natured folks, but this might test them a bit.

Enjoy your weekend [emoji112]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk