It's war this time

Sighted in the scope and seemed to hold, only took about a half dozen shots. Theae were only about 15 yards, had a couple of fliers due to twitching in the top rows, last shots at the bottom were in the same holes side by side.
20210125_170927.jpg

I opened the shop garage door with the lights off and picked off 3 of them tonight, only about a dozen to go...well, until others move in.

Good rat terrier or jack Russell and they will be your buddy and love taking care of this for you.
I'd not mind another rat terrier, but wife isn't ready for one yet, also would have to do something to keep it in the yard until trained. Have thought about a good female barn cat, but wife wouldn't let me leave it outside and I'm allergic to cats.

Tree rats ravage my fig trees and my pecan tree. I guess that keeps them from chewing up the vehicles. I started too late to save the end of the fig crop last year and they were working hard on the the pecans when the cuteness wore off. I thinned them pretty heavy within 22 lr range. I sighted in the 17 HMR last week. No prisoners this year. The hawks and kites work them over but not near enough. There's a little grey fox that lives in the bottom behind the house. She likes the free meals.

Alan

Looks pretty decent (y) A lot of dealing with springers is figuring out the hold, the gas pistons like this one aren't quite as fussy but are still a bit sensitive. Be interesting to see how the relatively cheap scope holds up after a few doze more shots..
Yeah, I had read to zero at about 15 yards and it should have the same poi at 68 yards, but after looking at my ballistics calculator it looks like around 27 yards would be easier to figure out hold over/under (pretty much just hold under) being somewhat in the middle.

maybe a one-two punch if I can get my wife to flush them out and I snipe them.

That was how we used to clear the invasive tree rats on my friends ranch in Hawaii... We'd go out in groups of three, two flankers and a flusher. The flusher would rustle the nest with a couple of shots and the flankers would take the movers as they went out the sides. At some point we added a pruning hook for the flusher to pull the nest apart afterwards so we could see if there was rebuilding when we came through the next week.

I couldn't quite see going for the 'blitz' fully auto, but this one seemed to be a nice little price point with a pump.

I've been wanting one for quite a while and this thread convinced me to give it a 'shot'.

Pumped it up enough for a couple of shots and it was impressive. Need to put a scope on it and check things out a bit more, but it should be a lot of fun.

bang_1.jpgbang_2.jpg

I approve. :thumb: Ralphie is still undecided, though. :rofl:

Ralphie.jpg

I will neither confirm or deny that I may have splurged on a pcp also under Brent's pressue and taunting.

When it arrives I'm going to claim it's just workout equipment, especially since it will take about 100 pumps to fill up the gun. :rolleyes:

The Hatsan Hydra QE has uppers you can swap from .177, .22, and .25. I only ordered the .22

Well, not completely true, they also make this upper, Which may or may not have been ordered.

No, not planning to skewer squirrels to the trees, I would not do that to my trees.;) I may try doing some deer hunting again though.

Check the local game regs carefully on that one.. the rules around a lot of this are way overly complicated with air powered systems..

I'll be interested in how long y'all stick with the hand pumps :D
Yeah, Supposedly they are legal, but not sure what season they fall under (Rifle, Bow, Air rifle, Alternative). I was actually going to take a hunter safety course again. I did my first when I was 5, and technically I don't have to per my age, but figured it would be prudent to be up to date with regulations. Will ask the horse myself during that.

As for the electric, not sure. I've heard it's not as bad once it's pumped up and then all you have to do is keep it topped off.

Pumped it up to 3000psi, wasn't too bad, but I didn't do it all in one go. Fired 10 shots through it and it didn't drop all that much.

Mine has a built in suppressor and it is actually pretty darn quiet. Looking forward to trying a few shots in the daylight tomorrow and getting it sighted in.