Jimmy was almost lunch.

Good scare this morning. Having my coffee and Jimmy sitting above me on the outside door. Like lightning she takes off and a Redtail in hot pursuit of a meal. About what seemed like forever she Flys across the building, much higher then I've seen her fly before, and then nothing for about 10 - 15 minutes. Jarrod shows up at the shop, I walk out to tell him and one on my guys in the shop says Jimmy's in the shop.
She's now recuperating from her ordeal.
She's so quick. Picked up the Red-Tail coming in, she had a good 40 yards on him by the time he flew over me.

Last edited:
Sorry for asking Dave, should I understand that Jimmy is a cat and a Red Tail is a squirrel, or she is a bird and a Red Tail is a fox?
From here I have no clue as I haven't been introduced to Jimmy, ;) and I'm not familiar with coloquial names of different animals you may have there. So far I only know that a White Tail is a kind of deer, and a Pony Tail is what girls make on their heads with their hair.

Toni, from what I remember, Jimmy is a bird of which species I don't know, smaller maybe pigeon? The red tail he mentions is most likely a hawk (predator bird of prey). So Jimmy was the intended target for the red tail's meal. Hi Mr and Mrs Toni!!!:wave:

I didn't get a good look at the hawk, but was standing at the lathe which sits in front of one of my doors to the shop... several doves were flitting around outside when the hawk swooped in and took one to the ground... he must not have gotten a good grip as next thing I know, the dove is south bound at a whistling clip.... you could hear his wing whistling all the way to the woods a 100 yards away across the road with the hawk in hot pursuit... don't know if he got away but he was definitely booking out of town.

Glad Jimmy was paying attention and alert.

Sorry for asking Dave, should I understand that Jimmy is a cat and a Red Tail is a squirrel, or she is a bird and a Red Tail is a fox?
From here I have no clue as I haven't been introduced to Jimmy, ;) and I'm not familiar with coloquial names of different animals you may have there. So far I only know that a White Tail is a kind of deer, and a Pony Tail is what girls make on their heads with their hair.
Tony , Jimmy is my pigeon . she's 4.5 YO. She will not go back outside right now and she made me her partner. So she is in a very needed state of protection after her ordeal. This all started after Jarrod my son who runs the wood part of the shop took Jimmy in to be a tool to train his Black Lab to dove hunt. Jimmy wanted nothing to do with Jarrod of the dogs and quickly attached to me.
Anyway the Red-tail referred to a large Hawk bread is a ferrous predictor whop relight on stealth and a hard hit. They usually hunt in pairs, female and male. That was my fear that when she took off the mate would be waiting for her. Red-tails have about a 3rd of the speed of a pigeon or dove.

Attachments

• 135875354_2830822723827284_4948264765373655595_o.jpg
    135875354_2830822723827284_4948264765373655595_o.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 9