Joined a gun Club today

Don Baer

Staff member
I have a few long guns that I need to sight in so I needed to find a good place to do it and I visited the Rio Salado Gun Club. I decided to Join. The $100/year membership get you free use of all the facilities the main range which is open to the public for $15 but also 4 separate pistol areas, a Large bore rifle and a small bore rifle an a large shotgun area. The main range is open to the public but as a member I can gain access to all the other facilities. They have contests almost daily, the shotgun are not only has a large trap area but also has an area for just practice, it has an area for checking the shot pattern at 25,30 and 35 yards and it has a field area where you walk through the area and the clays are launched as you are walking through the brush. Should be a fun place. The members get discounts on ammo and clays.

20210301_113929.jpg20210301_122252.jpg

Very cool. I belong to a local club here, but haven't gotten much use out of it this past year. I was able to go a couple months back, but had to park outside and wait to be called in due to their covid protocols and number of folks they were allowing in at once.