Just a Little Christmas Project

Paul Douglass

We don't send out Christmas Cards anymore, so for a few friends and family I try to make and give a small ornament or Christmas decoration to. I usually sneak around and hang them on their door knobs. This is part of what I will give this year. Sue Mey pattern of Christmas Gnomes.
Christmas Gnomes.jpg

Those are great, Paul! I've also been making little wood elves lately. I'll post some pics once I get them taken. (Need to set up my photo rig to shoot a few other things I've made recently, so I figure I'll get pics of the elves at the same time.)

Very cool indeed!

My wife recently made a gnome using small fabric squares woven on a "pin loom". Me, I'd be more interested in making this wooden variety.

Thanks for the nice comments. I agree about the noses. The patterns does not call for them to be that way but I thought gnomes had big noses so I made each nose separately so they would stand proud of the rest of the gnomes. My daughter wants them, but I have uses for them, so I told her I would cut another set and her and her son could have the fun of painting them for next year. She is excited about that... we will see it they ever get done...:)

Kerry, do you have a picture of the gnome your wife made. That really sounds interesting. I had to look up a "pin loom" to see what it is.

Last edited:
Kerry, do you have a picture of the gnome your wife made. That really sounds interesting. I had to look up a "pin loom" to see what it is.
It looks like the only place she posted a picture of her gnome is on a members-only Facebook group (Pin Loom Weaving Support Group, for which I happen to be an admin ... don't ask :doh:).

But the information she used to make her gnome is on Meg Stump's blog at
If you or anyone you know turns out to be interested in pin loom weaving, my wife has 2 related blogs of her own:

Thanks, Kerry. Pretty amazing what can be done with one. I really enjoyed going through your wife's blogs. I have a brother that crochets. He has made probably 100 or more baby afghans and gives them away, with a matching crochet hat to expectant mothers he meets. Makes full size ones for friends and family. He has made hundreds of the caps for new borns and donates them to the local hospital. Then he found out that the servicemen in the middle east need to where cushion under their helmets. He has made hundreds of caps and sent then to a group that send the to outfits over there. Funny the hobbies some people have.