Just Bragging

Ted Calver

Staff member
We got to watch our grandson be inducted as an Eagle Scout last night in a very nice ceremony. He's the first in our family and we couldn't be prouder. My scout troop folded before I got very far, but the experience got me started in the outdoor life.
IMG_0496.jpg

I didn’t quite make eagle, Did make Life. Eagle is a great accomplishment for him, I know how much it takes, congratulations to him for sure ������

Thank you all. Funny thing happened today. Ethan, our grandson, went off to help a friend of a friend in another troop do his own Eagle Scout project early this morning. Late this afternoon his dad got a call asking us to bring some tools and come over to the project to help solve a small problem. Seems the project involved building a large mobile cabinet for a local church and the scout who designed it had incorrectly measured the width of the doors which the cabinet had to pass through....and after gluing and screwing it all together discovered it was 8" too wide!!:rofl: :rofl:The Scout troop has a rule prohibiting use of bladed power tools by those under 18 years old and, of the six boys there Ethan had the only available dad with a skill saw and straight edge! Took us about half an hour to make it right so they could finish the job. Plenty of red faces when we got there, but they won't make that mistake again soon???:p:p

Congratulations Ted to you and your grandson. Experience is the best teacher and those boys learned life throws curve balls at you. You and your son showed them the adult/responsible way to deal with that issue and come out on top. Good job all around!!!!!!!!!!!!