Keto tortillas

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I started back on keto last week. Since we're both working at home, it's been a bit easier to plan and have time to try out some recipes. Yesterday I made some garlickly pulled pork in the slow cooker. Then tried out the new tortilla press with a recipe from Gnom Gnom.

2020-09-16 17.27.25.jpg

There is a variation of this for chips and for pizza crust also. The tortillas were pretty pliable and didn't crack. Texture wasn't quite the same as flour, but they were a hit!

I'll be doing several others of their recipes, next up is pumpkin cheesecake.

I use the same recipe except I make up a large batch so I can have it on hand when I want it. After neading it I divide it in 2 parts wrap both in clear plastic wrap. Freeze one and store the other in the fridge. Then when I want lunch I take it from the fridge cut off a piece and roll it out. You can pop it in the toaster oven and it makes a great flat bread. My big patch recipe is:
6 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 table spoon xanthum gum
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 eggs (I use egg beater)
coupla teaspoons warm water.

I just add enough water to moisten it till it is the consistency of silly putty.
you can use a little more xanthum gum if you want them really plyable.

If it looks like a tortilla and cooks like a tortilla and tastes kinda like a tortilla @ 2 net carbs...I'm in!! Going to try these if I can find my press.