kitchen cabinets

Chris Mire

here is the first kitchen i did since i reopened the shop.

knotty cypress with painted island, hood, ent center, and bathrooms

i did everything except the doors. they are mitered raised panel.

the island, hood and ent center will be glazed.

DSC_2628.JPG

DSC_2629.JPG

DSC_2630.JPG

DSC_2631.JPG

DSC_2632.JPG

DSC_2633.JPG

DSC_2635.JPG

DSC_2636.JPG

DSC_2637.JPG

Allen you brave. I would not dare show my wife these pictures. :D She would ask me what the heck i am waiting for.

Great work there Chris.:thumb: I like knotty pine. Looks real good and to me it makes a kitchen homely like a place where cooking takes place rather than just a show piece.

Hi Chris, :wave:
Thanks for the wonderful collection of photos.
As Greg Cook said to me one time,
" given a little experience that Chris Mire has the potential to do great things."
He was very complimentary even though those may not be his exact words.
I believe he was on target. The more you do the better you get...
Shaz :)

Sheesh, I must have somehow MISSED a post somewhere, 'cause I didn't know you had reopened the shop. You sure didn't develop any RUST while you were out of the shop biz. I really like them.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

thanks for the great comments guys.

there was definitely some rust to be shaken off. luckily i had plenty of time and seeing the homeowner was my best friend he was very understanding. i now have about 3 other potential furniture projects to do for them.

allen, if you can do those other projects you could do this, cabinets are easy. it's just making sure all the details are worked out.

i just completed a kitchen remodel, i'll post those once the finishing details are done.

thanks
chris

Nice job Chris! Did you do the finish? If so what type of finish are the painted cabinets and were they finish in the shop or on site? I bidding a complete house with all painted cabinets and trim and wanted to get a heads up.

Doug

Ahhhh, that's nice. Love the look. The white hood took me off guard at first but then I saw the shot of the island; it all ties together very well.

Apart from being a LOT OF WORK the whole thing matches perfectly, I stumbled on the same stone as Glenn, wondering about the white island and the hood.:)

Great job Chris, how long did it take you?

doug, not into finishin yet, especially not a job this size. i might need to get into though since work is slow and it would allow me to get more out of each job. not sure what the finish was though. the painter just said a sanding sealer followed by a varnish, not sure what type.

glenn and toni, the hood and island won't remain white, they will be glazed and will be a little less bright when done. that is a very popular thing around here to mix up wood types and finishes.

toni, if i has to i could do this in 2 weeks. it took me longer because i took a few days off here and there to do other things. 3-1/2 weeks total.

thanks
chris