Kreg 44x64 work table with dewalt 731

Paul Mitchell

Hi folks frist post here.

I have a kreg 44 by 64 universal bench. The idea I had was to include my dewalt table saw like other work benches have the saw as part of the table.

The issues is that i can not figure out how to mount it in the frame area. Either I increase the height (im 6'5) to a point where its not really comfort to use or maybe cut the frame (which I think defeats the purpose).

Any ideas?

Hi folks frist post here.

I have a kreg 44 by 64 universal bench. The idea I had was to include my dewalt table saw like other work benches have the saw as part of the table.

The issues is that i can not figure out how to mount it in the frame area. Either I increase the height (im 6'5) to a point where its not really comfort to use or maybe cut the frame (which I think defeats the purpose).

Any ideas?
I guess could you drop the front/back rails down to a height that allows the table saw top to be even with the bench height. Then build up the remaining surface area using drawers or other cabin
Welcome aboard, Paul. I think something along the lines Darren suggested would work, maybe expand the size of the bench top with some 80/20 extrusions.
Was hoping to keep the rails of the table in place to have that squared and rigid frame. However being in Japan space is a premium. Looking at the problem after some time away, best solution I can think of is; removing one side rail(44 inch) adding an open space or drawer at the bottom for the table saw to rest on so the top table is even with the workbench top. A 2x4 trimmed down, then secured to the work bench top to act as a floating beam while wood frame is attached after the table saw is in place. Least that is the most resible plan I came up with. If i could without it getting in the way of the table saw add a 80/20 or angle iron cross piece it would be best for rigidity.