Laser on the CNC router?

i was going to add one on my cnc, but had enough spare parts after the rebuild to make a separate one. might want to check out jtech photonics, he has a magnetic mount for all of his lasers.

I kinda agree with you Leo. I don't really need the laser on the cnc, maybe for adding some branding, labeling, or instructions as part of a finish would be nice, but not for doing images/engraving. I think the one thing that would be intriguing is the preview of a lasered item in Vectric and to get a baseline for laser intensity.

Yeah, with the size of your machines, not sure how much benefit you would get leo.

For me, doing some simple images it makes sense as my cnc is larger than my co2 k40.

For example, when I made my record crates, the end panels I wanted to laser engrave were too big for the k40, so the diode laser had to do.

It's also way slower than the more powerful co2 laser.

The other thing is it that once you knew the x/y offset of the laser from the spindle, it would make workpiece alignment a piece of cake, since you wouldn't have to move anything.