Last Friday of January 2020

Sorry Vaughn, But knowning you, you'll land on your head. er, I mean feet?

Apparently, at last band practice, I told my guitar player I'd help him pick up some lumber with my trailer at home depot on saturday to help with him putting up his new metal shop building. Unfortunately, I need to pick him up at 6:00am tomorrow, lol.

Not a big deal, I'd be up anyway, but I'm usually not verbal until 8:00am.

Couple eveningpick from 18th st. Lounge 3rd floor near M st. Plus a quick pic looking across the river on the way home.

Attachments

• 20200131_215456.jpg
    20200131_215456.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200131_215507.jpg
    20200131_215507.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200131_225907_001.jpg
    20200131_225907_001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 15
Good luck with the search Vaughn... Job hunting is such a pain in places we can't mention here.

My stepson is just about ready to go back to work after a 4 month search... he's a truck driver and his last job put a safety violation code in his driver portal so that other trucking companies weren't able to hire him due to insurance.... his "safety violation" was that he would wait too long behind a slower moving truck before he moved into the left lane to pass because he didn't want to impede traffic in that lane for the time it would take him to pass another truck... his truck was governed at 68 mph and if the other truck was doing 66 mph, it could take him several minutes to pass... personally I think since his company was having some financial difficulties, they were culling out the higher priced/more senior drivers in favor of the younger/lower seniority drivers to save a few cents per mile.

I have an extra long weekend, I guess. Got laid off from my job yesterday morning (gotta love working on government contracts). I'll be spending much of my time in the coming days looking for work. :rolleyes:

Shop-wise I have no firm plans, but I could stand to do a bunch of cleanup and organizing out there. I've still got a mess around my lathe from making Christmas gifts.

Sunday I'll probably drop by my nephew's house to attend their Super Bowl party for a bit. I usually prefer to just watch the game without a room full of people hooting and hollering, but hey...free food is free food, lol. :D
Good luck Vaughn, hope you land something soon.

Best on the search, Vaughn. As for the game Sunday, I'm one (of very few, apparently) that's glad to see the SB show up because it's end of football season and their interference with my weekend newscasts. You can tell I'm not a fan.

... not much of a football fan these days..
I watched more football in 2019 than I had in the previous 15 years, I think. I watched a lot through the 60s and 70s, but tapered off a lot in the 80s and 90s due to the time it took for the telecast. When a 60-minute football game was taking 4.5-5 hours, it became too much. There was more commercial time than play time. I remember seeing the referee walk to the middle of the field when a team had a drive going and stopped the momentum because it was time for another commercial. It seems they finally got their act together on why people tune into a game!!!

it was my first real outing since my surgery, went to a small super bowl party. 5 different flavored wings, chips, dips, all the adult beverages anyone could ever want*we dont drink though), then the main course, bbq flank steak, chicken and bbq shrimp for the seafood lovers. I had a blast, knee didnt kill my night, but we left after halftime.
great game, great afternoon and night.

Spent most of my afternoon in my music studio writing songs for 'The RPM Challenge'. It's a challenge to write an albums worth of music in february. Been doing it remotely with some college buddies for the last 10 years. Managed to get 3 song ideas down and watch the last 2 minutes of the game, lol.