Leo's Workshop - sorta neat

Well I will comment. Nice shop, I envy the room you have. My shop is about 1/3 of that. Mine is "random, where did I put it" organized and I guess always well be. But it is mine and I spend most of my time in it. You say you are going to go in the house and chill,,,, I would do all my chilling in my shop! Thanks for the tour. Again nice shop.

Not meant to put anyone else down. I have seen plenty of shops to put mine to shame. I just like neat and organized. I store all my wood in a 10 x 20 shed and that is the opposite of neat and organized. I heed to climb over piles of stuff to get what I want.

My shop is 26 x 26 with 10 foot ceilings.

I hate having to hunt for things.

Your organization is something I strive for! Of all the positives in your shop I have to question the positioning of the grinder. Sparks near the paint storage? All of your flammables seem to be congregated around, over, under and behind your grinder.

Beautiful facilities, have seen your work and is no wonder it is as nice as it is due to your attention to detail Leo. I greatly appreciate the shop tour and thank you for inviting us into your shop. Looks like a wonderful environment to work in.

Great organization, and sparkling clean. My shop not so much. The outside storage of lumber great idea. May pick up up on that idea.
Very nice space.
David

I'm late to see it and comment, what impresses me most is the amount of room you have on it. Not to mention about the equipment. I'm green of envy, like I am of many of the shops of other members of the family that I've seen/visited.

Thanks guys, I have been work at organizing for a long time.

Keep in mind that I just finished cleaning it up for the video.
I do clean it up this well quite often, as it does get quite messy when I do work.
YES - I DO work in the shop and YES it does get messy.
I will clean it up at the end of just about every project

The "Kahs" stay outside. This is my SHOP, not my garage. I don't have a garage.

I hate stuff on the floor, and I like stuff in closed drawers and cabinets. As you see I don't have tools on display. I do have tons of clamps and hand tools. I did not go into every nook and cranny as that gets old really fast, but all that stuff is in the shop.

In my work in manufacturing we did TONS and TONS of organizing workspaces. I have have TONS of training in Lean Manufacturing and 5S organization. I have conducted and participated in many Kaizan events. So, it just comes easy to me.

Even so - I see my shop as a work in progress with a LOT of need that is yet to be done.

I like to make stuff, so the shop organization comes in phases. A lot of the time I go at it because I get frustrated at the disorganization, or that I spend too much time looking for stuff. By The Way - I have about 50 pencils with a pencil sharpener right next to the pencils on my main work bench right next to the monitor in front of the computer. You can see that early in the video. No pens - just pencils. Organized by style - carpenter pencils are in a seperate holder. Pens, Sharpies, Paint pens, artist brushes are all organized and with the quart sized paints - easy to find