Leos Workshop

Leo Voisine

As I am getting a little closer to retirement and getting ready to do a little sideline business in retirement, I need a "logo" errr - a sign.

I will post this on everything I do - business cards, invoices, web site, ETSY, in my shop, and hanging anyplace I can find to hang it.

It is going to be 2 sided. I may changing the colors a little, but I like the red text. The tree will be a little darker and glazed in layers. The top of the tree will be visible above the top of the sign on the other side and also glazed in layers.

The text is significantly modified by me, so it is not a standard format.

So Critique away - your not going to hurt my feelings. I may not like your critique, but then again I just might like it.

Leos Workshop-1.jpgLeos Workshop-2.jpg

I don't care for the shade of green used in the background. It doesn't allow the tree to stand out enough. Either a different shade of green, or a different colour entirely.

(Vaughn will suggest purple, I'm sure... :D )

Catchy. Will this also be a magnet? Biggest problem I see, no way to contact you. At least a website address along the bottom it is found later by someone who might become a buyer if they could find you.

Catchy. Will this also be a magnet? Biggest problem I see, no way to contact you. At least a website address along the bottom it is found later by someone who might become a buyer if they could find you.

I thought about the contact info. This is more of a LOGO. I will hang it inside my shop to it will be seen when the doors are open. I cannot hang a sign outside due to zoning.

Mostly it will be on ETSY, invoices, business cards, etc. Contact info will be there.

The tree will be darker.

It will be glazed with 3-4 layers of tree like colors. The backgrounds will also be "faded" colors.

I cannot make the colors look like they will really look when I do the actual painting. My hands can do stuff that I cannot do in the computer.

Looks good Leo! :thumb:

You might not be able to hang it, but most localities allow for yard signs, such as what a Realtor would use, normally about 3' x 2' in size or equal square footage in another configuration.

Good point. I think also a mobile sign is OK, as long as it is not permanent, and I think on wheels. I could also put something on my car or truck.

This one will be hanging just inside my garage door. INSIDE. When the doors are opened it is clearly visible.

Mostly, for now I need a logo. This sign, once made and painted will be hanging inside my shop. I will take the best pics I can with my DSLR and use the pics on all sorts of stuff.

I could use the pics for yard signs as well.

I just calculated machine time. Just over 10 hours for one side just for the finish cut.

Being HDU I will most likely crank up the speed as fast as I feel comfortable with. My 10 hour calculation is at 250 IPM, but I can maybe run at 500 IPM.

Will need to start in early in morning and let it run all day.

This is not done in parts - it is one single piece and fully 3D cutting.

I will use 2" thick Sign Foam #4 for each side.

It is 40" x 30" and will be 4" thick when both sides are glued together.

Each side is a one piece construction.

I may do this during Memorial Day week.

I like it! Just tossing out ideas here, but how would it look with a neutral-colored background, such as beige, gray or black? Or maybe perhaps a much lighter shade of green than the tree? (Sorry Jim, no purple this time, lol.) Something about the blue/green combo that doesn't quite sit right with me. (But that's just one guy's opinion, of course.)

Funny you say that. I was thinking of an antique white - errr - sorta REALLY like really light brownish whitish background but with layers of glazes and fading.

I plan to be "fading" the colors from light insides to darker outsides.

Better, Leo. The blue makes it look cartoonish to me. Not the message you want to convey, I don't think. Color invoke feelings. Combinations of color invoke complex feelings. Color will help you 'sell' whatever you are promoting. Remember, most people cannot visualize. They react to the picture you paint for them. Good luck.

Better, Leo. The blue makes it look cartoonish to me. Not the message you want to convey, I don't think. Color invoke feelings. Combinations of color invoke complex feelings. Color will help you 'sell' whatever you are promoting. Remember, most people cannot visualize. They react to the picture you paint for them. Good luck.

I agree with Carol.
Great concept Leo !!!