Live Edge Table

larry merlau

will this work? got some scrap cut up today and threw this together for a look see,, whats your take? looked at metal legs but had scrap wood to try. steel legs are around 90 dollars for this, and i would need to do something to prevent rusting on a wet carpet or flooring.

Attachments

• dark side.jpg
    dark side.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 45
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 45
  • leg gray2.jpg
    leg gray2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 42
  • leg saw mark.jpg
    leg saw mark.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 43
  • rt side back.jpg
    rt side back.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 43
  • rt side frt.jpg
    rt side frt.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 45
  • rt side light.jpg
    rt side light.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 44
I like it, I think it fits in with the organic feel of the top.

Hows the stability on the end with one leg look? I think you could test that with some clever use of clamps.. That would be my main concern I think.

Overall I like it. The top goes well with the legs and the three leg option looks like the way to go. Only thought I have is that the front single leg looks a little ‘heavy’. Maybe because the other two, from what I can see, are natural forms and the third looks like you cut it to match. Just my 2 cents. You get what you pay for! :rofl:

Slab tops and steel legs, are WAY overdone. Copycat
i am not a copy cat! Mr Kaminski.. i had live edge slabs before they were cool. and did some projects with them. i am more creative than making bird houses because mr jones did. so thanks for your thoughts.

Rennie all three legs are made from the same cut off.
Jonathan the leg attachment is under discussion i have a method in mind but i am looking to keep it simple and easy to knock down for transport
this top has a great story behind it (John Daugerty) and has great spaulting and figure on the top.. it WILL not be painted:)