Long Time Coming

Paul Douglass

Here are a couple cuts I have wanted to do for a very long time. These are in honor of my two most favorite cars I have owned in my lifetime. There will not be a more favored one unless someone wants to give me a Porsche. The Alfa is the first car I purchased when I came back from overseas. I had saved enough to pay cash for it while I was in the service. Unfortunately I was not mechanic enough to keep it running as it should and where I lived,,,, there were no mechanics that had ever even seen one... But a great car and what fun to drive... I proposed to my wife in it.... The Sunbeam Tiger is what I replaced the Alfa with.... It is known as "poor man's Cobra". Talk about fun... Had a Ford V-8 in it... really more of a hot rod than a "sports car" I would say it was my most favored of all... Would love to have one again.. I took my wife on our honeymoon in it.... Funny thing,, somehow, after marriage, I ended up driving a big Ford Galaxy and my wife ended up driving a Sunbeam Tiger... I don't even remember how that happen...

So here they are.... brought up a lot of great memories while I was cutting these.. and my wife really smiled when she saw them..

Attachments

• alfa tiger .jpg
    alfa tiger .jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 29
Both of those look awesome, Paul! I'm amazed that the details on the wheels have enough of a "tab" to stay attached.
Little secret,,,, the wheel rims have some additional tabs holding them in place... They are painted the flat black to match the backer and even up close, pretty hard to see... Sometimes ya just gotta cheat a little..

Here are a couple cuts I have wanted to do for a very long time. These are in honor of my two most favorite cars I have owned in my lifetime. There will not be a more favored one unless someone wants to give me a Porsche. The Alfa is the first car I purchased when I came back from overseas. I had saved enough to pay cash for it while I was in the service. Unfortunately I was not mechanic enough to keep it running as it should and where I lived,,,, there were no mechanics that had ever even seen one... But a great car and what fun to drive... I proposed to my wife in it.... The Sunbeam Tiger is what I replaced the Alfa with.... It is known as "poor man's Cobra". Talk about fun... Had a Ford V-8 in it... really more of a hot rod than a "sports car" I would say it was my most favored of all... Would love to have one again.. I took my wife on our honeymoon in it.... Funny thing,, somehow, after marriage, I ended up driving a big Ford Galaxy and my wife ended up driving a Sunbeam Tiger... I don't even remember how that happen...

So here they are.... brought up a lot of great memories while I was cutting these.. and my wife really smiled when she saw them..
After my divorce from first wife, I wanted to get back into a sports car... when I first met her I was driving a '65 corvette... she had a Ford Cortina... somehow that got turned around and I drove a Ford Cortina to work and she tooled around in a '65 Corvette?? At some point we sold the Corvette and wound up going through a series of cars and finally wound up in a '76 Z.... she took that in the divorce and left me with a Toyota Corolla.... I went looking for a sports car and wound up driving an '76 Afla Romeo Alfetta... was almost as much fun to drive as my Corvettes.... kept it 13 years until like you, I couldn't find a proper mechanic in Houston. I couldn't drive the little 2 seaters as after the divorce I had a 5 year old to raise and wanted a back seat for him, hence the Alfetta.

On a trip home to Texas with both my kids, we made a loop from California to Texas, then up into Oklahoma to see my mother, then through Kansas on the way back to California.... at a gas station in Kansas, the attendant was gassing me up and admired my car... he asked who makes it... It had Alfa Romeo in 5" letters across the back end (where he was standing), he then looked into the car and saw the speedometer with a top end reading of 150 mph.... his comment was, "bet that could out run a Chevrolet".