Long time, no talk. Hi folks!

John Pollman

I haven't been here in ages, but I wanted to stop in and say hi. I haven't been doing much lately. I've been missing my shop because a year ago, my stairlift broke. I looked around for another used one and found one. But, it turned out that it wasn't going to be possible for me to install it like I did the first one. After trying it for a bit, I contacted the original installer from the tag on the unit. They wouldn't touch it. They were the only distributor in the state. After more searching, I found the same result. After sitting there for months, I got back into it. After more screwing around and hair-pulling, I made the decision to bite the bullet and have a brand-new one installed. So, Tuesday morning. they showed up and in about two hours, it was ready to go. It's awesome! It cost a pretty penny, but it has a lifetime warranty. When I looked at Acorn, the warranty was 12 months, and Bruno, only 24. I went with Leaf Home Safety. I feel better spending more money on a company that stands behind its product.
Now that I have access to my shop, I can't wait to get busy. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

I haven't been here in ages, but I wanted to stop in and say hi. I haven't been doing much lately. I've been missing my shop because a year ago, my stairlift broke. I looked around for another used one and found one. But, it turned out that it wasn't going to be possible for me to install it like I did the first one. After trying it for a bit, I contacted the original installer from the tag on the unit. They wouldn't touch it. They were the only distributor in the state. After more searching, I found the same result. After sitting there for months, I got back into it. After more screwing around and hair-pulling, I made the decision to bite the bullet and have a brand-new one installed. So, Tuesday morning. they showed up and in about two hours, it was ready to go. It's awesome! It cost a pretty penny, but it has a lifetime warranty. When I looked at Acorn, the warranty was 12 months, and Bruno, only 24. I went with Leaf Home Safety. I feel better spending more money on a company that stands behind its product.
Now that I have access to my shop, I can't wait to get busy. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!
Welcome back

John, good to see you posting. Somethings just need to be purchased new to get consistent use from them. Had a neighbor that only bought garage door openers at yard sales. He always wondered why he was changing them out so much! He asked me if I ever had to change mine. Said, "nope, not since I bought this place" (I don't have openers on my two garage doors). Have a great Christmas!