Love this Light Stand!!!

Bill Satko

I am in a phase of remodeling. When I moved here, sold off a lot of home improvement tools that I thought I would never need. One was an old double halogen light stand that I hated. So I have been working with a old single halogen light that came with the house. It is a floppy thing and has so little adjustment and runs so hot, it melted part of my new shop vacuum hose. Damn!!!
1618434620014.png

Enough! I said. I found this LED work light on Amazon and I just love it. I love it so much, I just bought another one. I just used it to lay a coat of mud on drywall. It is so much easier when you can see what you are doing. I still don't like mudding though!
1618434882832.png
Oh, I almost forgot. I was able to use a $30 dollar coupon, that helped me pull the trigger.

Attachments

• 1618434834167.png
    1618434834167.png
    141 KB · Views: 9
I am in a phase of remodeling. When I moved here, sold off a lot of home improvement tools that I thought I would never need. One was an old double halogen light stand that I hated. So I have been working with a old single halogen light that came with the house. It is a floppy thing and has so little adjustment and runs so hot, it melted part of my new shop vacuum hose. Damn!!!
View attachment 116006

Enough! I said. I found this LED work light on Amazon and I just love it. I love it so much, I just bought another one. I just used it to lay a coat of mud on drywall. It is so much easier when you can see what you are doing. I still don't like mudding though!
View attachment 116008
Oh, I almost forgot. I was able to use a $30 dollar coupon, that helped me pull the trigger.
Attention Glenn: how about one of these for a raking light?

I saw another review that had me considering one of these, guess I need to think about actually getting one.
I really like how easy it folds up and how compact it is. I also like how the cord stores away. The cord is only a little over 8 ft long, but if it was longer, it would probably not store away as conveniently. I have plenty of extension cords and it is not a problem.

I once had two of those double Halogen work lights. Both had burned their light sockets out after about a dozen uses, so they got trashed.

I now have 3 LED light panels that contain 480 LED's each for my photo studio video work and found these to be a perfect substitute for the old Halogen lights for doing all kinds of chores in the dark. They run on 120 vac power, or from two NP-F960 Sony type video camera batteries. A pair of batteries will last nearly 6 hours at full bright. The lights are made by GVM (Great Video Maker) and they were available from Amazon, but now seem to be available from Walmart. Abt $100 each. They only get mildly warm, maybe 20 deg over ambient in constant use. I use them often in the photo/video studio, as well as for my other chores, like recently installing and painting 3/4" 1/4 round after I had contractors install 820 sq ft of 3/4" thick hardwood flooring in my formal dining and living rooms. I'm just getting too old to be installing that much flooring. I have had the lights for almost 2 years now, and no problems at all with them. The barn doors do come off if you don't need them, but they fold flat against the face of the light and add protection for the LEDs.

Charley