Lumber purchase

David Johnson

Just made a run to lumber mill. Bought a lot more than I planned but it was a nice sunny day. Wife wasn't too happy but she understood. Yeah right.
Hickory 2.75 bf. Red oak 2.20 bf, Cherry 4.30 bf, black walnut 5.40 bf, maple 3.30 bf. All fas. Got to pick and choose through stacks. Made my day. Now on to making stuff. Cutting boards are in sight. Gave a nice board to friend at parade party and Drew a lot of compliments which may turn into orders. Need something to pay for lumber.
David

Sounds like a nice haul and prices are good too for FAS. My lumber guy charges extra if you want to dig the pile, not that I"ve had him pick me any bad stuff.

Hope the new orders start flowing in. :thumb:

I love the lumber store. My place lets us pick. I will get FAS - #1 - #2 depending on price and project.

They always have something on sale.

I used to load up on stuff that was on sale, but I don't have any more room. I have a 10x20 shed packed with sale items. I also have trees cut into lumber and under covers in the yard. Not gonna build another shed just to store wood.

I FULLY understand stocking up. Nice haul. I miss those days.

Those prices sound good to me, although it's been quite a while since I bought any hardwood lumber. (I have no idea what the going rate is here in ABQ, but the prices in LA were pretty dang high.)

...Drew a lot of compliments which may turn into orders. Need something to pay for lumber...

And so it begins, lol. :D

Hope you do well with turning that raw lumber into green cash!

Seconded! :thumb: