mantel project

yeah i can do that,, sanding parts now and prefitting.. trying to wrap my head around how to get all the nooks and crannys.. wish i had a detail gun with a 2.0 nozzel. i know detail doesnt jib with 2.0 nozzel:)

the parts are ready for the first round or finish, did a sample run and am ok with how they turned out but need larger nozzle size to work better i think.. was told by dave to try the 1.5 and it worked but not much material real light covering with max air and max material settings.. so will try another sample with larger nozzle tomorrow before getting into real parts.

Attachments

• coloumns.jpg
    coloumns.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 22
  • top parts.jpg
    top parts.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 23
  • sample run.jpg
    sample run.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 23
Are you thinning the 6500? If not, try a test a 5% thinning, and again at 10%. The 1.5 nozzle oughtta work with one of those. Don't go beyond 10% thinning, though.

nope,, but that does make sense if i found one of those.. glass breaks but cleans easier. this stuff was satin and its like eggshells,, so the top coat will help get some sheen back

dave i tried the 1.5 tip. and had the air maxed out and the fluid wide open and got a dusting. after 2 coats of light dusting it was white on the sample i thik the thinning will help and will try that today before the 2.0 tip. thanks for the math help:)

well i got white hands and part of the floor, daves fault he called and asked me how it was going i had just filled the gun and thinned it to jims suggestion. dave thought it was to thin and to add just a little more product well tried to take the top off and the whole cup came off i had cleaned the gun from stem to stern and everything wasnt tight i quess so i introduced to some michigan french as i was trying to stop the blood flow:) we got it cleaned up thinned closer and got white on most of the pieces somewhere:)
white.jpg

well i got white hands and part of the floor, daves fault he called and asked me how it was going i had just filled the gun and thinned it to jims suggestion. dave thought it was to thin and to add just a little more product well tried to take the top off and the whole cup came off i had cleaned the gun from stem to stern and everything wasnt tight i quess so i introduced to some michigan french as i was trying to stop the blood flow:) we got it cleaned up thinned closer and got white on most of the pieces somewhere:)
View attachment 109532
Looks nice Larry. Did you get the 7 count down ? 5 isjust a bit wet for water-base. Your French is pretty good lol

i just dropped the water amount down to 3/4 oz to 16 ounces of material. didnt get the stick to do what you said.. might use a cup instead of the stick to see where i am at. got good atomization and coverage seems good. one thing i can say is i dont like having to cleanup after the day completely, solvent based its good till the next day with no problems but this white paint is like latext paint rubbery layer that sticks to everything and doesnt come clean easily.

i just dropped the water amount down to 3/4 oz to 16 ounces of material. didnt get the stick to do what you said.. might use a cup instead of the stick to see where i am at. got good atomization and coverage seems good. one thing i can say is i dont like having to cleanup after the day completely, solvent based its good till the next day with no problems but this white paint is like latext paint rubbery layer that sticks to everything and doesnt come clean easily.
I can't stand arylics either except for the inks I use to paint with.