Meat Slicer ?

Don Baer

Staff member
I am toying with the idea of getting a meat slicer. I think it would be a handy addition to my kitchen gadgets. I buy a lot of deli meats (HAM, Beef, Chicken and turkey slices) and at $10-$12 per pound for deli meats it wouldn't take all that long to pay for itself. Anyone else got one and if so what do you have.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a used manual commercial slicer for years ...Hobart, Berkel, Globe etc.. Hard to find one in decent shape for less than $300. If you make your own bacon a slicer is very nice to have. Check FB Marketplace, Craigslist and others for used machines. I thought Covid would force a lot of restaurant/deli closures and there would be lots of deals around, but I think most were snatched up by restaurant supply places for resale.

I've been looking for a used manual commercial slicer for years ...Hobart, Berkel, Globe etc.. Hard to find one in decent shape for less than $300. If you make your own bacon a slicer is very nice to have. Check FB Marketplace, Craigslist and others for used machines. I thought Covid would force a lot of restaurant/deli closures and there would be lots of deals around, but I think most were snatched up by restaurant supply places for resale.
yeah Craigslist around here has some but the lowest price I found was 575 and most are running 700-800