Miter saw, crosscut sled or panel sled?

Sara Wood

Hi All!

I know it's difficult to differentiate between a miter saw, crosscut sled and panel sled. I was confused so I did a research and found an article which explains very well the features to select the better one. Basically, a miter saw is an useful tool to make a variety of cuts (from crosscuts to compound cuts) with a limitation to the width of wood. A crosscut sled is for the same purpose but to cut wider pieces. A panel sled is for larger pieces of wood and precise cutting corners. I prefer the last one because it's very complete and I need to cut plywood and wide pieces. To know deeper information read the article https://www.toolazine.com/miter-saw-vs-crosscut-sled-vs-panel-sled-table-saw/ and see some demostration videos features the differences.

Which one do you use and what do you prefer? Let me know your opinion.

... I know it's difficult to differentiate between a miter saw, crosscut sled and panel sled. ...

Not difficult at all. I use all three depending on what is appropriate for a particular cut.

I will add that, since finally building a crosscut sled, I haven't had much use for my panel sled.