Mobile/tablet users

What are you using for your mobile device/tablet?

• Tapatalk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting, I used chrome to navigate to the FWW Page and then added it to my home screen on my phone, and it insisted on using the tapatalk icon on it.

But it does seem to work amazingly well.

The mobile version of Xenforo on my phone, but it wants to use the tapatalk icon when I add it to my home screen.

Just the website android pixel (first gen - since I'm a techno luddite). It complained a few times that I should "continue with tapatalk" but then quit doing so (unsure why?) and just let me carry on with chrome.

The only other weird thing I've noticed so far is that there was another set of icons at the bottom (kind of ghost floating) when posting that didn't seem to do anything.. but testing just now they seem to have disappeared around the same time as the push to tapatalk.

Just the website android pixel (first gen - since I'm a techno luddite). It complained a few times that I should "continue with tapatalk" but then quit doing so (unsure why?) and just let me carry on with chrome.

The only other weird thing I've noticed so far is that there was another set of icons at the bottom (kind of ghost floating) when posting that didn't seem to do anything.. but testing just now they seem to have disappeared around the same time as the push to tapatalk.
Yeah, thinking I may uninstall tapatalk, the mobile friendliness of the new software may have just changed the tide. ;)

Weird, I just got a prompt to open a forum on fww with tapatalk, even though I don't have tapatalk installed anymore. Wondering if uninstall really completely uninstalls things. Once installed, apps are very reticent to stop siphoning off your information, lol.

I've used Tapatalk very sparingly for quite a few years because I was never fond of trying to navigate in it. You could get from Point A to Point B, but it always seemed pretty unintuitive to me. I've poked around a bit on the new forum with Chrome on my iPhone, and like it a lot better.

Any chance of getting you to reconsider this? The first I knew of this conversation was when I went to login on Tapatalk right now and couldn’t get access. (Polls don’t actually show up on the Tapatalk interface.) Looking back through the post history in this thread you didn’t get responses from regular Tapatalk users. Personally, that’s the only thing I use to read forums anymore, and I don’t want to go to a browser to pull up one specific forum. I’d hate to lose access. Are there specific issues with supporting the plug-in? Thanks,

Last edited:
Any chance of getting you to reconsider this? The first I knew of this conversation was when I went to login on Tapatalk right now and couldn’t get access. (Polls don’t actually show up on the Tapatalk interface.) Looking back through the post history in this thread you didn’t get responses from regular Tapatalk users. Personally, that’s the only thing I use to read forums anymore, and I don’t want to go to a browser to pull up on specific forum. I’d hate to lose access. Are there specific issues with supporting the plug-in? Thanks,
The biggest issue is the nag screen they show to try and get users to use it, I have't found a way to dismiss it completely. For those that don't it is a big annoyance. I'll see if there is a way to disable it, but nothing in the general settings is jumping out at me. :wave:

I admit to being a Tapatalk user with my phone, but switched to connecting with my phone's browser when you disabled it, and must admit, I like it better. And like Brent, I saved a link on my Phone's home screen to the website (New Posts).

The mobile page of the website is really nice. I find it works better than Tapatalk and there are no ads.

I deleted Tapatalk from my phone.

The biggest issue is the nag screen they show to try and get users to use it, I have't found a way to dismiss it completely. For those that don't it is a big annoyance. I'll see if there is a way to disable it, but nothing in the general settings is jumping out at me. :wave:

Yes, I find it quite annoying to have the NAG screen come on. I prefer to use google on my android phone. The funny thing is the nag screen didn't always show up and I never knew when to expect it either.

Is there any instrumentation in Xenforo that lets us track how many users are actually using Tapatalk vs. the mobile page? Are there not many Tapatalk users, or are they just not seeing this thread? Tapatalk certainly has its problems, but there's a real value to me in having all the forums I read available in one place rather than bookmarking them each separately, and I'd expect that to be a more-common use case than seems to be reflected in the comments to-date.

Dave, I've re-enabled Tapatalk for now. I did hide one of the popups, but I'm not sure it's completely disabled or within their terms of service. I'll leave it enabled for now unless we get serious objections. I won't have time for the next few days to work on it, but will look for a solution to a good compromise after.

Dave, I've re-enabled Tapatalk for now. I did hide one of the popups, but I'm not sure it's completely disabled or within their terms of service. I'll leave it enabled for now unless we get serious objections. I won't have time for the next few days to work on it, but will look for a solution to a good compromise after.

I noticed that, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Chrome.
tapatalk is just a pain to me.
it never seems to want to connect me to the site first try, or second or even sometimes third, it always insists that my password is wrong, it ain’t.
I like Chrome better.

I’d been using tapatalk for years and just putting up with its issues and shortcomings. With our move to the new platform I moved to chrome and I think it is way way better. I didn’t use tapatalk to access any other forums so I just deleted it from my iPad and phone.