More good thoughts and prayers please.

Ron Jones

Dad lost his battle with pancreatic cancer today. When you live in a small town and 3 people die within a day of each other it is a problem for the 1 mortuary. His calling is Friday afternoon and funeral is Saturday.

Dad was 91, a WWII vet serving in the Army in the south Pacific, one of my best friends, and a devout Christian. I never heard him complain about being sick. He just said "I never thought it would end this way." His death has hurt my wife as much as that of her parents. He was that kind of guy.

I'm doing OK, but Mom, my wife and my son are taking it pretty hard. Prayers and good thoughts for my family will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Ron, that's a hard thing to deal with.

Your dad sounds like a great guy.

My sincerest sympathies go out to you and your family...

I'm really sorry to hear this news Ron, be happy that you got to spend so much time with your dad, that is one regret that I have in living in Japan, I'm so far from my parents, one reason I am so determined to send my daughters to Canada so they at least get to spend time with my parents.

I remember when my father's father died, I was young, and had lost "Grampa" but for my dad it was much harder as he had lost his father. I know that I too one day will have to go through this, it will be hard, but it is the way of the world.

Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Stu

I'm very sorry to see this news, and wish you and the rest of your family comfort and wonderful remembrances.

Ron, as others have said so well, thoughts and prayers from here. Sounds as if your dad was one heck of a good guy. That is the type that leaves a big hole. None of us get out of this alive, but that is no condolence at this time. I am sorry, you are in for a set of long days and sleepless nights. Know in your heart he is out of pain and in a better place.

Thank you all.

Dad's funeral and burial were yesterday. The PM's, posts, good thoughts, and especially the prayers have been a great help during this time. My family and I thank each and everyone of you. The support from Family Woodworking has been wonderful. I have a great group of friends here, and I hope to meet you all.