More treasures

Don Baer

Staff member
While helping Marilyn clean up Carols shop and getting things ready for a garage sale all proceeds for Carols Charity, I came across a coupla Items I couldn't let her sell at a garage sale. So I simply gave her a small donation for Carols Charity and brought them home.

20200104_115732.jpg20200104_115720.jpg

Brand News still have the protective coating on the sharp parts...

20200104_120130.jpg

And bonker that is hand turned.

Now I have never done any wood carving but I used to do leather work so I can see some similarities. I think Carols trying to tell me that I can still do some woodwork even with my allergies to some say dust....:)

Good to see you snagged them, Don. :thumb: It'll get you back into playing with wood, plus it'll give you something to do while you're waiting for the glue to dry on your new CNC project. :D

I have that same set. Got mine from Lee Valley, maybe five years ago.

Cool, probably fairly decent then.

For carving you want sharp sharp sharp, I learned a lot by watching some of the Mary May videos on that (and some of her other stuff is quite good as well) - she has a really nice way of explaining it that I found pretty easy to grok.

Nice set, but probably don't want to use the knocker on those chisels, they are more for hand work with those rounded ends. I've got several of the stubai chisels from woodcraft for hogging out wood that would work better for the mallet use.