Morning workout done

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Old man winter is on his way. So stocking up on wood pellets for this winter. I decided to get 2 pallets (100 bags) this year, and contemplating a 3rd. I usually start with one, but have gotten in a pinch the last two year and needed more by spring. Then I'll also be working from home this winter too, and we normally don't run the pellet stove when we're at work.
2020-09-12 13.43.49.jpg

We bought one pallet when we lived in WA after a particularly cold winter.. two years later we still had about half left :D Must be colder where you are than where we were. I gotta say the heat put out by that little pellet stove was pretty amazing. Unless you have a good supply of free wood these are imho the value heating proposition. If you can keep them dry I don't see any reason not to get three pallets worth.

I cook out year round as well. It has to be really, really, really bad for not to wanna cook outside. Did I mention really bad? :rofl: To us Texans, that equates to about 1 foot of snow or more. After all, I have a smoker, a grill, and an outdoor griddle. I can cook almost anything outdoors. A meteor strike might keep me from cooking outside. Maybe.

Did I mention really bad? :rofl: To us Texans, that equates to about 1 foot of snow or more.
Not all of Texas shares that sentiment, lol. When I was a kid we visited one of my dad's cousins in Austin one winter. A Blue Norther hit and dropped a couple of inches of snow on the ground. It pretty much shut the city down. At the time we lived in Los Alamos NM, which is at about 7300 feet above sea level and gets lots of snow. The locals were sliding all over the road, while my dad had no trouble getting around in our mid-'60 Mercury station wagon. We got to the cousin's house and were greeted at the door by his son, who was about my age (I was 9 or 10 years old at the time). We'd never met before then. He was excited as can be, and the first thing he said to me was "Y'all ever seen a snowball? I got a bucket of 'em out on the back porch!" :D

My wife was already wondering where the two were going, let alone 3. I'll probably just do the two for now. We really only use it for the extra heat downstairs since the ducting had to be removed with the new beam for half the basement. Worst case I have to wear some extra socks in the spring or work with an electric blanket over me as she sweats away upstairs at her desk. ;)

Not all of Texas shares that sentiment, lol. When I was a kid we visited one of my dad's cousins in Austin one winter. A Blue Norther hit and dropped a couple of inches of snow on the ground. It pretty much shut the city down. At the time we lived in Los Alamos NM, which is at about 7300 feet above sea level and gets lots of snow. The locals were sliding all over the road, while my dad had no trouble getting around in our mid-'60 Mercury station wagon. We got to the cousin's house and were greeted at the door by his son, who was about my age (I was 9 or 10 years old at the time). We'd never met before then. He was excited as can be, and the first thing he said to me was "Y'all ever seen a snowball? I got a bucket of 'em out on the back porch!" :D
I can understand his excitement about the snow... first time I saw snow I was about 10 or 11 ... I grew up in east Texas about half way between Dallas and Houston... we would get sleet, but not snow.... My dad got a job in Borger up in the panhandle and it snowed about 4 inches the winter we were there...
I did discover that I don't really like snow... it is a four letter word you know.