Must have gotten off the naughty list?

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Due to scheduling changes we ended up having to do our Christmas this weekend rather than tomorrow as we usually do. My wife and I decided we might as well go ahead and exchange gifts early anyway. I got her pretty much everything on her list, including a new record player and some new to her vinyl. She's a Bee Gees fan, so I picked up the full Saturday Night Fever album for her.

I've had several items on an amazon gift list for years, she usually buys the cheaper items on it, but finally took a nibble on one of the bigger items.
2018-12-22 15.47.52.jpg 2018-12-22 15.47.59.jpg

This is the unit: https://www.amazon.com/Lotos-Technology-04-ZVGR-0O8D-LTPDC2000D-Non-Touch/dp/B005DO7VDM

Has had mostly good reviews over the few years it's been on there, so hopefully it will live up to them. May get up to the shop to unpack it tomorrow, but will need to either set it up for 110v or borrow the plug the compressor is on (after filling it up first) to test it out.

I finally got a new 220v plug wired up and fired this little guy up tonight. I stopped off at HF and picked up one of their $40 welding carts, which worked out nicely.
2019-08-11 17.53.45.jpg

I will say that it works sooooo much better when you remember to clamp the ground clamp to the work. ;) That said, it cuts steel like butter, but it's pretty much like holding a light saber and makes you realize just how unsteady your hands really are. :D
2019-08-11 17.54.33.jpg

I really need to play around with the settings and different materials, it's all new to me, but I'm sure it will cut much cleaner than that.

I'm hoping to pickup some argon gas this week to give the TIG attachment a try also.

giphy.gif

Nice one Darren. The wife seems to definitely be a keeper!
The toy will certainly come in hand and save a LOT of time. BTW....I am very jealous mate! :jealous:

Ha, well, given that it's a high frequency start and not a blow-back design, that may not be possible without a lot of shielding of the electronics. I wish I had done more research, but at the time I put it into my cart I was really only wanting a plasma cutter to replace my old torch, never really considered that I could do cnc at that time. :doh: