My bands new practice space

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Check it out, This is the new practice space for my band. My guitar player put up one of these steel buildings (I helped, well, A bunch of people helped).

We've got the 'mezzanine' up with the spiral staircase. I worked up the balusters for the railing today. You can see a few laying up on that ladder there.

Eventually we'll put some eggcrate type foam up over the actual practice area.

The space is 30' x 12', so should be a nice amount of space.

I have a feeling its going to sound like playing inside of a huge amplifier, lol.

Still, Will be a lot more space than we have now.

new practice space.jpgNew

Brent, I would like to ask about the spiral stairs. Can you get those like as a kit that the buyer put together or what? Like a kit or something? I have to replace the stairs from my deck down to the ground. Looking for alternatives to wooden stairs that I could install.

I remember my early band days. Finding somewhere to practice was always a challenge. We were like nomads until we graduated to being a full blown 'garage band' as we got older. Ah, youth; I thought those days would never end. Remember when a person having a P.A. or a place to rehearse could weigh heavily over musicianship when choosing a new member?

Brent, I would like to ask about the spiral stairs. Can you get those like as a kit that the buyer put together or what? Like a kit or something? I have to replace the stairs from my deck down to the ground. Looking for alternatives to wooden stairs that I could install.
It did come as a kit, all in parts. Definitely a 2 person job to assemble.

I remember my early band days. Finding somewhere to practice was always a challenge. We were like nomads until we graduated to being a full blown 'garage band' as we got older. Ah, youth; I thought those days would never end. Remember when a person having a P.A. or a place to rehearse could weigh heavily over musicianship when choosing a new member?

We've been using his living room, and for a while last year my living room. I'm pretty sure we'll make this work, temperatures be darned.

Kwel.... is it just the picture or is that first step a little higher than it should be. I looks to be a lot more than the 7 " rise.

It is too high. The guitar player (That put it together) denied, it, but I have a feeling he knows, lol.

I've been wearing earplugs for the last half year. Guitar player is dang near deaf and plays way too loud. Asking him to turn down doesn't work for more than 1/2 a song, lol. So I put my plugs in before we start playing.