My beast mixer works great for pizza dough too!

Flavored Pizza Dough

JOHN POLLMAN·MONDAY, MAY 11, 2020·
Ingredients
  • 4-4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour* divided
  • 2 packets instant yeast (4 1/2 teaspoons)
  • 4 teaspoons honey
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 4 Tablespoons olive oil + additional
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water**
Instructions
  • Combine 2 cups of flour, instant yeast, parmesan cheese, and salt in a large bowl. (or mixer bowl) If desired, add garlic powder, onion powder, and dried basil at this point as well.
  • Mix warm water, oil, and honey in measuring cup or container. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
  • Gradually add another 2 cups of flour. Add any additional flour as needed (I've found that sometimes I need as much as an additional 1/3 cup), stirring until the dough is forming into a cohesive, elastic ball and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl. The dough will still be slightly sticky but still should be manageable with your hands. Knead for about 5 minutes.
  • Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and use a pastry brush to brush up the sides of the bowl.
  • Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place.
  • Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. If you intend to bake this dough into a pizza, I also recommend preheating your oven to 425F (215C) at this point so that it will have reached temperature once your pizza is ready to bake.
  • Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth (about 3-5 times).
  • Transfer dough to a 1/2 sheet pan lightly sprayed with non-stick spray and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust.
  • Use a fork to poke holes all over the center of the pizza to keep the dough from bubbling up in the oven.
  • Add desired toppings and bake in a 425F (215C) preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until toppings are golden brown. Slice and serve.
Notes
This maskes enoughj dough for one square pizza xcooked in a 1/2 sheet pan.
You can cut the recipe in half to make one 12” round pizza.

**Ideally your water should be between 105-115F (40-46C). I usually just use warm tap water but do make sure that your water isn't too hot or it will kill your yeast!*I've found that all-purpose flour yields a softer crust while bread flour gives a slightly crispier exterior. Please see the post for more information on all-purpose vs. bread flour in pizza dough.

We made some slightly smaller ones a couple weeks ago. Your dough is a lot fancier than ours, flour, water, salt, dash of oil, yeast. Mix until it feels about right (real loose/wet dough). Slow proof in the fridge overnight. Punch down, divide into pizza sized dough balls, let rise for 30m, then stretch and top. I think yours likes like it would be super good with a heavier topped pan style pizza though! (y) (y)

1589221359007.png

Looks good John👍 Been wanting to make my own dough but yeast has not been in our shelves for a few months now, well not when I’ve been there anyway ☹️. Will keep that recipe any way, sounds like a good one.

Looks good John👍 Been wanting to make my own dough but yeast has not been in our shelves for a few months now, well not when I’ve been there anyway ☹. Will keep that recipe any way, sounds like a good one.
Hey Tom Sherrie was having problem getting the kind of flour she wanted the store never had what she wanted so she finally just ordered it on Amazon. With the Amazon prime it was here the next day and no charge for shipping. They have yeast.