My Chiron is ANYCUBIC broke

Don Baer

Staff member
Well that sucks.... I fired up my Chiron after about a year on non use and the bed will not warm up It started to but now nothing. I checked the wiring and it all good with my DVM I got 24 volts going to the control board but no output. I went to order a new controller and Chiron, Amazon and E bay are all sold out AND the listing on Amazon say they don't know when they will be available so I checked Amazon to see about buying a second Chiron and although it says the new price is $239 USD BUT none in stock and no idea when they will be available so is ANYCUBIC discontinuing this model and do I have a boat anchor ? Guess I look at an ENDER. I poste don the ANYCUBIC forum but am yet to get any response.

No volts on the outputs to the bed heater?

I've got mostfets between my board and the hotend and the bed heater. I accidently shorted the hotend wires the other day and blew the mostfet. Interesting thing about that, it blows with the connection wide open, so when the printer turned on, the hotend turned on and would not shut off.

Got a new mosfet to install this weekend.

You might not need a 'chiron' mainboard. A lot of the boards are pretty generic, but it would make configuring the firmware easier.

No volts on the outputs to the bed heater?

I've got mostfets between my board and the hotend and the bed heater. I accidently shorted the hotend wires the other day and blew the mostfet. Interesting thing about that, it blows with the connection wide open, so when the printer turned on, the hotend turned on and would not shut off.

Got a new mosfet to install this weekend.

You might not need a 'chiron' mainboard. A lot of the boards are pretty generic, but it would make configuring the firmware easier.
i believe it's the moss fet board... a new board is only $13 but not in stock. I wanted another printer anyhow so I ordered it and will have it tomorrow, I'll just fix the Chiron when the board becomes available

Not a bad plan. I like having my AM8 and my Ender 5+. The am8 is in an enclosure so I can control the temp in there if needed and the ender 5+ lets me do bigger items.

Not a bad plan. I like having my AM8 and my Ender 5+. The am8 is in an enclosure so I can control the temp in there if needed and the ender 5+ lets me do bigger items.
I ordered this one.....https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VDD8D8R?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I am waiting for the truck right now according to the tracking software it is 8 stops away.. supposed to be here by 2.

Looks cool. The direct extruder should make it nice for printing tpu.

I'm working with my AM8 to make it better for tpu and had it apart when I managed to short out the mosfet.

If my attempts to make it work, don't work, I'm thinking of upgrading the hotend on it to something else.

Well, my mosfet swap took all of 3 minutes and I'm back in business printing up some tpu. Probably need to dry the tpu filament a bit, but it's working.

Well, my mosfet swap took all of 3 minutes and I'm back in business printing up some tpu. Probably need to dry the tpu filament a bit, but it's working.
Kwell....took me 20 minutes to unbox and assemble the new guy another 5 to level the bed and now I need to play with the Z offset and I'll be back in business.
20220910_132416.jpg