My first solo project : a wooden bar out of ash olive tree !

Wow that's a heck of a shop!

The bar came out very nice indeed and I like the design quite a bit.

On the woodworking, what you couldn't do in that shop is hard to say hah! I might have skipped the jointer on the long panel and just used the outrigger on the sliding saw to do a straight line edge cut, also for squaring it up I'd have used the outrigger and not the rip fence. This is sort of a how-to-do-it preference thing, but with that big honking slider there are some fun options there :)
Thank you so much Ryan !!! :D and this is my boss's shop, i'm only an apprentice :) it's always good to know others people perspective, thank you for your advices, will try it next time :)

Thank you so much Ryan !!! :D and this is my boss's shop, i'm only an apprentice :) it's always good to know others people perspective, thank you for your advices, will try it next time :)
There are of course a thousand ways to do anything :). I went from a more "traditional" (in the US anyway) cabinet saw to a slider and have significantly changed some of my work methods as I've slowly gotten used to it.

There may also be good reasons why your boss had you do some things in certain ways that aren't obvious from my couch so, of course, take all that with a grain of salt :)

This is a pretty decent set of videos that are imho worth watching to kind of get a feel for some options on a sliding table saw. I learned a fair bit about how to think about them differently anyway.

There are of course a thousand ways to do anything :). I went from a more "traditional" (in the US anyway) cabinet saw to a slider and have significantly changed some of my work methods as I've slowly gotten used to it.

There may also be good reasons why your boss had you do some things in certain ways that aren't obvious from my couch so, of course, take all that with a grain of salt :)

This is a pretty decent set of videos that are imho worth watching to kind of get a feel for some options on a sliding table saw. I learned a fair bit about how to think about them differently anyway.

This was a personal project, my boss didnt tell me to do anything (he did answered my questions though :) ) , i made the plan and everything by myself so if something is kinda strange it's my bad haha

Thank you very much for the video, just watched it, very interesting and awesome techniques, will watch others :D

Ditto what others have said, beautiful bar and incredible professional shop. That olive wood is special and should last almost forever. As far as I know there isn't enough olive wood in the U.S. to harvest for wood working.

so if something is kinda strange it's my bad haha

Definitely nothing strange, there are just a lot of alternative options and it's interesting to explore them :)

That olive wood is special and should last almost forever. As far as I know there isn't enough olive wood in the U.S. to harvest for wood working.

Very rarely some shows up but it's almost never this clear. My one cousin got part of an orchard that had been poisoned by a brine tank leak out of California and there were maybe fifty to a hundred slabs 10' long by 3-5' wide. I have one 18"x24"x2" slab of it. Beautiful stuff but extremely gnarled in comparison.

This was some beautifully straight and lovely looking wood here!